• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK won't be doing it, because simply this has being blown out of proportion by a faction of 10000000000000000000000000000% so were not just gonna throw more gas on the fire.

What we will do is support our customers. :)
In your honest opinion, what would you advise a customer to do, gaming at 1440p. Get another 970, get a 980, get an 8GB 290X or keep single 970 and wait to see what new cards come out later this year?

We will not make our customer pay to return, we will not make them upgrade. OcUK is the best! :)

How would that work? will you be refunding the postage cost somehow?

Also some cards got sold with the Pick your path games. Most would have registered or sold the games. What happens then?

Anything would be a nice upgrade from a 6970 though, i think your perspective is warped.

Perhaps that's a given but I am always careful with my purchases and I enjoyed the 6970 for three year before I decided on the 970 as an upgrade, hoping that this card will again let me enjoy games for the next three years. I currently don't see that being as issue.

Love how people keep mentioning gpu-z as some sort of justification:rolleyes:

it's fine to ignore the fact it reads the allocated memory wrong on the 970, but when it comes to the number of ROPs reported suddenly it's not gpu-z's fault, it's nVidia's for lying in their bios...

Where did that idea even come from anyway?

Could you simply not test by saying reducing texture quality?

I can! but inside it pains me to do that :p Nah, the biggest factor seems to be the draw distance. This is what's concerning, the fps in that game is all over the place. As stated earlier, you get frame drops constantly, i've some from 120fps to 3!!! yes 3! But the main issue i see is microstutter at high frame rates. I'm guessing this is an sli driver bug though.

I can! but inside it pains me to do that :p Nah, the biggest factor seems to be the draw distance. This is what's concerning, the fps in that game is all over the place. As stated earlier, you get frame drops constantly, i've some from 120fps to 3!!! yes 3! But the main issue i see is microstutter at high frame rates. I'm guessing this is an sli driver bug though.

Microstutter is SLI bugs yes, Crossfire has the same.

Take a card out and re-test. ;)

What 970's do you have? I must admit I find it odd that some people have no problems, while others complain of a stuttery mess once they get over 3.5GB. You'd think it would be consistent. Unless they're actually EXCEEDING 4GB, as SOM can certainly do that.

2 x cheapy Inno3D 970's

R4cHRq6.jpg

Its all getting confusing Ive only had mine for over a couple weeks and seen no problems. But after spending £300 am i going to be ok in the next few years? i upgraded from a r9 270x toxic.

And now i wish i bought it from Ocuk and waited for delivery like i did with my monitor. But the money was burning a hole so bought it from a local retailer.There forum has a couple of comments about the problem and they have no staff/support keeping you updated like on here.

Could you simply not test by saying reducing texture quality?

With the Nvidia recommended Geforce Experience settings for the game mine sits on 3535gb memory used. It tries to use more which is when the suttering starts and the game feels really ropey. Turning settings down to say use under 3gb without it attempting to use more is a better experience. Thats what prompted me to look around and then saw the issues being reported.

Still not brilliant as core 1 on the cpu is always 100% no matter what gpu settings i use as its clearly optimised for consoles at present.

GPU usage sits at about 80% for both in SLI regardless of video settings as well.

I wonder if all those opposed to returns of this are also opposed to returns for coil whine?

Yes they are, whine is not a fault.

Again OcUK does it out of our own pocket, but in reality compared to the units sold the percentages returned are no worse than previous generations so nothing out the ordinary. But a manufacturer will not accept a card returned for whining from us, except for KFA2 they will take back our Infinity cards as they were designed for us to reduce it so those that have it loud, they sort us out. But all other brands are a big, NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom