• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest we can argue all we like but the fact remains it was miss-sold and Nvidia have told everyone to **** off and left partners and retailers to deal with it. /end

That's the end of it, so will just have to wait and see what comes of that as this is going round in circles to be honest.

To Gibbo - Probs a few daft questions that have been covered.

If i got my 970 on finance ,is it still ok to send back (Galax/KFA2) and would i get a credit note? Is there a time limit on this?

Sorry if this has been covered before

You need to speak to RMA department as no idea how finance compliments things if at all.

I can only speculate from what I play and what I have tested. I know no amount of trickery will fix ubisoft more bugs than Africa games.

It was batman AC Gregster was having issues with.. He even created thread on here talking about why he now only uses single gpu..

This could all very well be fixed now since he posted about it. But my point being is Gsync or freesync won't fix issue with Crossfire or sli..

If a game as a problem with mgpu then only a driver or game patch can fix that.

the 290 X will be fine till the end of next year..... you cant get 6GB RAM so you're stuck with 8GB, but the Powercolor version is miles cheaper and has a good cooler so they say, personally i'd wait till the 380X comes out, because that'll be a real monster and my guess is........... out soon !!!

Last edited:

Not really they've being this price area for a while. All that has happened is AMD have reduced the USD cost a little but here in the uk is has no real effect as current inventories are based when GBP were stronger, now it is weaker the GBP landed price went up, but with this reduction the cost can at least be maintained of £249-289 area for 290X though OcUK has being selling 290X at these prices for weeks. :)

$300 / 1.48 = £203 + Tax = £243 inc. so uk price is close but not quite there and the best we can do is £249 at present which is lowest in uk. :)

Also when I asked AMD today if they have made an official drop their response was no but board partners have being doing deals which you've already being taking part in.

yea but to really cash in they need to get the 380X out now, because that'll crush Nvidia flat..........there will be a mass Exodus to AMD

but i suppose they need to clear this stock first
Can you imagine if the 380X has just launched!? Wow, that would have seen a huge swing back towards AMD I am certain. They must be kicking themselves they've taken so long. They should have had a new card out by now anyway really.

Go AMD !!

2ykH48y.jpg

Haha :D

Hot and powerful it's all good. Just don't go reference :p

AMD must be loving this, and rightly so it's about time some of Nvidia's shady practices were in the spotlight. They won't be milking me again anytime soon that's for sure.

bf2d3d6572.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom