• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
How mad do you think my wife will be? She is going to want to go out shopping Saturday morning and I cant as my new £600 card is being delivered. She might like it as it's white!!?? I'm emailing Gigabtye right now to explain. They may have sympathy for me!?

Not really the same thing. Memory is classed as RAM you know the name.

Therefore it is randomly accessed at the same speed, regardless of size or position. Latency is the speed at which it is accessed no matter what size.

You will find more ram does increase latency but its just more wires to go through.

You're confusing latency and transfer rates.

the latency of the 970's ram is about the same across all 4gb. the transfer speed of the last 1/8th is slower.

As for Nvidia 4Gb is nothing when big ram comes into play. 4Gb it should have been as in one solid bar of 4Gb ram!

Nobody makes modules that big.

How mad do you think my wife will be? She is going to want to go out shopping Saturday morning and I cant as my new £600 card is being delivered. She might like it as it's white!!?? I'm emailing Gigabtye right now to explain. They may have sympathy for me!?

Precisely how much wine did you drink?

Do you guys think its still worth keeping 970 sli for 1440p?

Not at all.
I would concur based on what I've read, but what to get? A single 980 (which one)? A 290X 8GB? I can't stretch to SLI 980 at the moment. Annoying as 970 SLI was always my set upgrade path, with a view to that lasting for a long time at 1440p and maybe a nice ultra wide screen later this year. Shame.

They best do, same goes for the others. Today I was very professional and diplomatic with them and asked nicely for support.

Tomorrow I want results that support OcUK to support our customers otherwise my toys are going to be out of the pram and all over the floor. :D

Hope they make he right decision otherwise OcUK shall sort something ourselves. :)

Go get em Gibbo! :)

Nobody, and i mean nobody cares man lol.

any reason 970 isn't worth keeping anymore apart from the nvidia con? performance wise arent they still up there with the best atm

or should i sell one and upgrade in say 1 year when the new cards come out?

any reason 970 isn't worth keeping anymore apart from the nvidia con? performance wise arent they still up there with the best atm

or should i sell one and upgrade in say 1 year when the new cards come out?

I'm looking to swap mine for a 980 plus credit note. The performance is spot on, it's the sell on value I'm concerned about.

As soon as 8gb Maxwell is here, I want to sell up and upgrade.

If what I'm reading a out MSI is correct. They will not refund /return any 970 under the ramgate issue. Hope this isn't true because I'm going to hit the roof if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom