• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The way nvidia are editing posts on their forums and changing statements. Someone should save the posts from Rick on here unless they are already edited.
I haven't really been following the Nvidia forum...didn't a Nvidia rep already made posts and admitted the issue? Now they are taking that back?

Honestly hope Nvidia doesn't take the Asus CS approach...

Caporegime
TBH AMD CPUs do very well for the price, yeah sure if you running multi GPUs or into video editing/recording then Intel pays the extra..

But if it was just gaming alone and you had to pick between intel or AMD to get a better GPU or something then AMD will do just fine..

The difference in gaming isn't really that much..

Sorry but that's completely wrong and you should research before posting such statements, as there is already enough confused people in here.

The top end AMD CPU gets beaten by an i3 occasionally, so saying an AMD CPU will be fine and the difference in gaming isn't that much is so wrong. You can save the money to buy a better GPU but you will be bottlenecking your new shiny GPU that you put the extra cash to.

For a budget GPU, an AMD CPU will do just fine but for a decent GPU, Intel all the way or suffer a bottleneck.

Soldato
I bought an 970 Asus Strix from Overclockers. Will I be able to get a refund?

Gibbo is trying to get them to help with refunds, if they won't OCUK will sort it.

They best do, same goes for the others. Today I was very professional and diplomatic with them and asked nicely for support.

Tomorrow I want results that support OcUK to support our customers otherwise my toys are going to be out of the pram and all over the floor. :D

Hope they make he right decision otherwise OcUK shall sort something ourselves. :)

Soldato
I haven't really been following the Nvidia forum...didn't a Nvidia rep already made posts and admitted the issue? Now they are taking that back?

Honestly hope Nvidia doesn't take the Asus CS approach...

Yep, Nvidia have edited their posts to admitting fault and saying there's a driver to fix it - to there is nothing to see here and it's fine and we made it like that.

Soldato
the ones that have not replied or decided are

MSI
ASUS
Gigabyte

there maybe more or less but there is far too many pages to go looking through! lol

Soldato
why edit the comments for when people have quoted his original post? he cant edit them and the posts also state if they have been edited on here or not!

True, not sure he knew that though? Haven't seen the edited posts myself but it was mentioned earlier in this thread that they'd been changed in such a way that Nvidia weren't seen to admit they'd 'messed up' as he called it.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I’m Rick, a Product Manager for NVIDIA based here in the UK. Although I read the Overclockers forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

I want to just start by saying sorry, we messed up.
We posted the wrong GTX 970 spec and we did not fully explain the memory architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the GTX 970 is still an amazing card and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best card you can buy for the money.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Rick

Does not look edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom