• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one not wait for Nvidia to fix the GPU and then get the manufacturer to swap it out even if the fixed 970 cards come out in 6 or 12 months time ?

Or is it wiser just to get the refund now and be done with it?

Can one not wait for Nvidia to fix the GPU and then get the manufacturer to swap it out even if the fixed 970 cards come out in 6 or 12 months time ?

Reading a lot of replies and research leads me to believe that it would be easier to get a refund or just stick with the card if you're running on 1080p and are able to upgrade in a year or two.

You would trust Nvidia that much?

They have done nothing but lie and retract statments

This whole thing is dissapointing to say the least.

New to PC gaming and this is the first gaming card I've purchased - OCUK GTX 970 reference cooler edition. Not really sure what to do now.

I have tried to catch up on this thread - maybe the topic starter could edit their first post to add any significant news / updates / developments to the situation.

Nice to see Gibbo handling this well with respect and understanding for OCUK customers. Reassuring.

What is the latest updates on all this, apart from NVIDIA not issuing a driver fix and washing their hands of it all?

Does the 980 have this ram problem at all?

Like others, i'm unsure about returning the 970 as its likely to now depreciate in value fast, no? Also I expect many more games this year are going to regularly use up and past 3.5gb. Can't see this card having much longevity now.

Is there likely to be any discount on upgrading to an OcUK GeForce GTX 980 "Reference Design"?

I'm assuming not as this unfairly puts ocuk out of pocket unless NVIDIA offers any sort of compensation to suppliers which is a laughable idea.

It's surprising the numbers of buyers rewarding Nvidia with an upgrade to a 980.

Opportunists, seizing the opportunity for a cheap upgrade to a 980.

I don't think a 980 is cheap though. After this debacle you'd have to be a fanboy to still reward Nvidia. A gtx 980 may be a good card but the new AMD card is around the corner and I'm betting it will be no slouch. Those thinking of replacing the 970 with a 980 should think long and hard about the situation. They would not even be upgrading to the 980 if it wasn't for the stellar customer service from OCuk. Nvidia has basically told everyone to do one judging by the silence.

I for one am returning the gtx 970 and using the trusty old 7950 (which I luckily didn't sell yet) until the new AMD cards come out. The random stutter with the 970 was always bugging me but thought it was just the games but now we know why it was happening.

Rewarding a company that has tried to pull the wool over everyones eyes and then refuses to sort out the mess is something I would not entertain for a second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom