• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how blaming the consumer here is helpful to the situation. I like others am unsure what the hell to do and its nothing about being opportunistic.

I have no idea what else i'd buy or swap to at this point and also need the reference style cooler and dimensions.

Then there is the likelyhood of the value depreciating almost immediatly after purchasing it. 980 upgrade is a viable yet expensive option but yeh I get that it also plays into nvidias hands too which i don't like.

I don't expect OCUK or other manufacturers to foot the loss here and really nvidia need to offer something!

I apologise. I'd just got in from work and I was tired.

I don't even know what to think myself on this issue now.

and thats why after people returning their 970 they are still going back to NVidia to get the 980 :eek:

Its either that or currently a R9 290X.

Its my first NVidia card and I can say not impressed with there customer service.

Nvidia wins either way.

There not helping board partners, retailers and some will keep the 970 and some will pay more for a 980.

Myself will go back to AMD, Don't have a problem if u go to a 980 your choice just my personal opinion

Tbh I have had more problems with AMD cards than Nvidia over the years. Personal preference will always push me towards Nvidia plus maxwells energy savings are nothing to be sniffed at when compared to the 290x

Not sure what to do, only game at 1080 and play bf4 on low settings so it doesn't really effect me but of course the sale price is going to drop because of this in the future? Also don't really have anything spare to upgrade to a 980 at the moment either!

Not sure what to do, only game at 1080 and play bf4 on low settings so it doesn't really effect me but of course the sale price is going to drop because of this in the future? Also don't really have anything spare to upgrade to a 980 at the moment either!

You could always put the money back to OCUK and get a R9 290X 8GB for some future proofing

Its either that or currently a R9 290X.

Its my first NVidia card and I can say not impressed with there customer service.

Nvidia wins either way.

There not helping board partners, retailers and some will keep the 970 and some will pay more for a 980.

Myself will go back to AMD, Don't have a problem if u go to a 980 your choice just my personal opinion

Nvidia will not win.

The 970s being returned have to be paid for by some one. Sure, you can sell them on for a loss or a smaller profit but that does not mean a win.

If people buy 980s to replace them with that's all well and good, but Nvidia or some one has to foot the bill for all of the returns.

As much as I have drastically changed my opinion of OCUK for the better over the past few days (they made a mistake on my refund only returning a portion of the money I paid them, but that has been sorted by Bailey - top bloke !) I still don't think they could afford to swallow the losses on the 970s.

If Nvidia puckers up then like before it will be the AIBPs who suffer.

What I mean is, when Nvidia were messing around playing with Fermi they stopped producing all 2 series cards leaving companies like BFG and XFX with no cards to replace cards being returned. 18 months of having nothing to sell took its toll.

Why do you think XFX stopped stickering and selling Nvidia cards?

It's not just their AIBPs they crap on either. They were arrogant with Intel and that lost them socket licenses. So that was the end of the Nforce chipset as we knew it, no more Nvidia boards.

Right now I really don't know who is footing the bill but I would guess it's not OCUK*. Now fair's fair, it's still going to cause them a massive problem what with having to authorise and carry out the RMAs here.

What I mean is I hope it's not OCUK....

can anyone answer technically why did nvidia removed the l2 when it already removed sm ? just to get yields ?

Im thinking to cancel my 970 100me and just wait even do i have to live with 4870 1 gig now , or maybe pick one cheaper in clearance lines cheaper.

playing at 1080p 120 hz want best witcher 3 experience what you recon guys.

edit: cancelled preorder

Last edited:
Nvidia will not win.

The 970s being returned have to be paid for by some one. Sure, you can sell them on for a loss or a smaller profit but that does not mean a win.

If people buy 980s to replace them with that's all well and good, but Nvidia or some one has to foot the bill for all of the returns.

As much as I have drastically changed my opinion of OCUK for the better over the past few days (they made a mistake on my refund only returning a portion of the money I paid them, but that has been sorted by Bailey - top bloke !) I still don't think they could afford to swallow the losses on the 970s.

What I mean is, when Nvidia were messing around playing with Fermi they stopped producing all 2 series cards leaving companies like BFG and XFX with no cards to replace cards being returned. 18 months of having nothing to sell took its toll.

It's not just their AIBPs they crap on either. They were arrogant with Intel and that lost them socket licenses. So that was the end of the Nforce chipset as we knew it, no more Nvidia boards.

Right now I really don't know who is footing the bill but I would guess it's not OCUK*. Now fair's fair, it's still going to cause them a massive problem what with having to authorise and carry out the RMAs here.

Agree the logistics at the moment must be a total headache

Nvidia will not win.

We're not fully covered as we shall refund customers shipping, no one will foot that bill for us, comes from our own pockets.

When we made this decision not all partners had agreed to support us so we'd also being footing the bill for losses on b-grade items, but now nearly every board partner is supporting us so there will be few if any b-grade cards.

So the cost to us is shipping cost from customers and our cost returning items to board partners, plus of course our staffs time with having to sort this on top of their normal workloads. So we will be footing some initial cost but in the long game any cost now should be covered with the more customers and business we win from offering the best customer service out there. I mean hey it's 19:00 on a Friday and I am still here supporting you guys. :)

OcUK puts customer first and I am glad your a lot happier with our service now. :)

Gibbo any idea if the price for the KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC Gamer 4096MB (£399.95) is likely to last for while...?

Also as a 980 card does it rate as well as any other, it seems cheap for what it offers....?

Do OC deal with the warranty on these or do you have to deal direct with KFA, wherever they are...?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom