• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbo any idea if the price for the KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC Gamer 4096MB (£399.95) is likely to last for while...?

Also as a 980 card does it rate as well as any other, it seems cheap for what it offers....?

Do OC deal with the warranty on these or do you have to deal direct with KFA, wherever they are...?

Thanks

It should be around £439.99 based on rebuy were selling at a loss but we have stock owned at a much lower cost due to when they were purchased exchange rates were in our favour. Our cost to buy this card now is around £408, hence why price will increase to around £440ish in coming days, probably next Wednesday time.

The warranty you can deal with us or KFA and the KFA support team are the ex BFG guys and uk based so top notch, so great brand for support. :)

can anyone answer technically why did nvidia removed the l2 when it already removed sm ? just to get yields ?

It will be for yields yes, at the end of the day GTX970 wouldn't have been at its current price point without sacrifices, users seem to expect 95% of the functionality of GTX980 at half the price.

IMO NVidia's best bet now would be to take a loss and revise GTX970 with full access to 4GB, offer to replace all current cards and get rid of the poorer yields with a lower end card (which I think they're doing with GTX960Ti anyway?).

We're not fully covered as we shall refund customers shipping, no one will foot that bill for us, comes from our own pockets.

When we made this decision not all partners had agreed to support us so we'd also being footing the bill for losses on b-grade items, but now nearly every board partner is supporting us so there will be few if any b-grade cards.

So the cost to us is shipping cost from customers and our cost returning items to board partners, plus of course our staffs time with having to sort this on top of their normal workloads. So we will be footing some initial cost but in the long game any cost now should be covered with the more customers and business we win from offering the best customer service out there. I mean hey it's 19:00 on a Friday and I am still here supporting you guys. :)

OcUK puts customer first and I am glad your a lot happier with our service now. :)

We have OCUK doing as much and beyond what they can, They have asked and convinced board partners to help whilst Nvidia bury there head.

Nvidia should be ashamed and learn from this but looking at the past I guess they wont and don't give a **** about there customers , Partners just the profit

It will be for yields yes, at the end of the day GTX970 wouldn't have been at its current price point without sacrifices, users seem to expect 95% of the functionality of GTX980 at half the price.

IMO NVidia's best bet now would be to take a loss and revise GTX970 with full access to 4GB, offer to replace all current cards and get rid of the poorer yields with a lower end card (which I think they're doing with GTX960Ti anyway?).

fair enough well i canceled my 970 me100 edition , i ether will pick up cheaper on clearance lines or just wait for something better but good price not like 980 should have stayed with mine 770gtx 4 gig longer i guess .

We have OCUK doing as much and beyond what they can, They have asked and convinced board partners to help whilst Nvidia bury there head.

Nvidia should be ashamed and learn from this but looking at the past I guess they wont and don't give a **** about there customers , Partners just the profit

No one knows what agreements or arrangements board partners might have with NVIDIA so making assumptions is really not fair.

Are yields at 28nm so low, given how long they've been producing on this process that they'll have lots of failed 980s? They must sell 6-8 970s for each 980 so I really doubt that each 970 is a failed card. The 980 is just overpriced to meet a corporate-defined price point for their current fastest card. I doubt they are struggling with yields at all.

No idea, try and find out, we do have staff in on Saturdays but a skeleton crew.

Ill give them a ring tomorrow we will see. I work 9-5 so cant make it mon-fri...

Thanks

Gibbo !

ps. Been there lots of times on Saturdays seen no skeletons but plenty of zombies ! ^.^

I have to say, the amount of work gibbo and the crew are putting into this makes me like OcUK more and more.
Have RMA'd a couple of things before and was for the most part hassle free.
I have not decided if I shall RMA my cards or not yet even though I am leaning on the yes I shall as I'm not getting the experience I should (even though it is only 2 games that are maxing out my cards) and it's not what I paid for.....
Big thumbs out to Gibbo and his crew!

It should be around £439.99 based on rebuy were selling at a loss but we have stock owned at a much lower cost due to when they were purchased exchange rates were in our favour. Our cost to buy this card now is around £408, hence why price will increase to around £440ish in coming days, probably next Wednesday time.

The warranty you can deal with us or KFA and the KFA support team are the ex BFG guys and uk based so top notch, so great brand for support. :)

So will I be ok waiting until Monday to place an order for that card or, to be sure, is it best being done now...?

I'm not really sure why I bothered asking about the support to be frank after what you and OCUK have done in regards to the 970GTX situation.

A very big thanks for your efforts :)

So will I be ok waiting until Monday to place an order for that card or, to be sure, is it best being done now...?

I'm not really sure why I bothered asking about the support to be frank after what you and OCUK have done in regards to the 970GTX situation.

A very big thanks for your efforts :)

You will be fine to wait until Monday, but if they sell out do not blame me, we have 110 right now in stock but selling just shy of 20 per day on that model. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom