• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness even before this whole 'incident' (if you can call it that) I was an OCUK fanboy. The only time ive gone elsewhere for PC stuff in the last 4 years was for a monsoon bay res and that was only because OCUK weren't stocking it at the time!

I try and keep anything and everything with OCUK. It might not really count for much this day and age but if I find someone who does good by me then ill do good by them and stick with them.

Plus their staff are incredibly helpful (both on the web and on the phones) and these forums are also a great place for any issues. We have a great community and generally everything is all rosey.

Gibbo any idea if the price for the KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC Gamer 4096MB (£399.95) is likely to last for while...?

Also as a 980 card does it rate as well as any other, it seems cheap for what it offers....?

Do OC deal with the warranty on these or do you have to deal direct with KFA, wherever they are...?

Thanks

I've just ordered one - hoping that as it was shipped this afternoon it will be with me tomorrow.

As a side note, top service form OcUK.

@Gibbo, how do I go about claiming the postage for my old Infinity Card? It cost 25 notes for next day tracked with insurance up to the value of the card.

Last edited:
The GTX 970 still looks like a great GPU. This discovery does not affect the published benchmark results or previous user experiences. People will of course now blame their GTX 970's for all kinds of stutters and low framerates, even when VRAM usage isn't actually close to the 3.5GB threshold. This can be great news for those looking to upgrade from older cards, as prices should go down and more GTX 970's should become available in the second-hand market.

I've just ordered one - hoping that as it was shipped this afternoon it will be with me tomorrow.

As a side note, top service form OcUK.

@Gibbo, how do I go about claiming the postage for my old Infinity Card? It cost 25 notes for next day tracked with insurance up to the value of the card.

Speak to our RMA department, they will refund upto a reasonable amount, I've no idea who had your pants down for £25 though I've shipped car parts tracked on Palit next day for less.

Yeah, it might be a good idea if people sending their cards back can recommend a cheap courier. I have 2 970's to send back, so I would appreciate some recommendations. If I can stay below £20, it would be nice.

Speak to our RMA department, they will refund upto a reasonable amount, I've no idea who had your pants down for £25 though I've shipped car parts tracked on Palit next day for less.

This is what happens when the Mrs sends things for me :). But, she meant well and that's all that matters!

I've just posted a little something in the pre-sales section, if you can could you read it a pass my words round the Team please?

Without sounding lazy here I simply don't have time to read all 181 pages of this thread. Is there an official announcement on the position of these cards or even a sticky for OcUK's position going to be made? Are all 970's being returned here? Slightly concerned as I've just not long installed 2 of them.

Thanks.

Yeah, it might be a good idea if people sending their cards back can recommend a cheap courier. I have 2 970's to send back, so I would appreciate some recommendations. If I can stay below £20, it would be nice.

I will be using these....

http://www.interparcel.com/

I have not used them before though but I have noted others posting about them. If anyone has used them they might want to offer their experience ....?

Without sounding lazy here I simply don't have time to read all 181 pages of this thread. Is there an official announcement on the position of these cards or even a sticky for OcUK's position going to be made? Are all 970's being returned here? Slightly concerned as I've just not long installed 2 of them.

Thanks.

OcUK is accepting returns on all brands, we can't speak for competitors however as OcUK has made this decision. :)

That's a secret but so far only two returned so for the ones we get a small amount back on we will just b-grade and those will go in B-grade around £250 price point. :)
Well, if you put a Reference 970 in B-Grade that'll last about 2 seconds in there lol! Good luck to whoever spots it first!

Just to note, OcUK only refund to a maximum of £12. That's what I was told by Bailey just before Christmas anyway.

I pick Parcelforce 24 through Interparcel, which usually comes in at just under £12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom