A good reason not to holiday in Turkey?

JK1

JK1

Associate
My wife is Turkish so I get yummy Turkish food most nights. Every so often we do a Turkish breakfast at the weekend and then go to the gym to work it all off. Istanbul is an amazing city and Bodrum is a great place as well.

Never had an issue with the people there.

Permabanned
I went all inclusive at the Hilton in Bodrum last year, food was 100 times better than in the restaurants we tried.
I've been to Bodrum, the local restaurants were hit and miss but we found some really excellent places by asking the locals. Had a epic steak arabiatta I will never forget :cool:

Soldato
I've been to Bodrum, the local restaurants were hit and miss but we found some really excellent places by asking the locals. Had a epic steak arabiatta I will never forget :cool:

With you there!

Stayed in a smaller village/town just North of Bodrum on the coast on a last minute trip in October 2009. All us uni lot just chiped in and got a lovely Villa for 8 of us. The Dolmus minibus was frequent and got us into Bodrum/Gumbet easily and quickly!

Food was pretty damn awesome and none of us ever missed pork or a specific English homely food.

Had a massive BBQ one afternoon/eve and ate out at plenty of places. The best was just down the road and did an epic 1m long kebab that we could sit around watching being cooked on the grill. They were shocked when we suggested that it's not enough for 4 people and 2 of us lads could polish it off easily. Nom Nom!

Great holiday with my best uni mates!

Soldato
Been to Turkey (Oludeniz) 3 times and it's a fantastic country with great scenery, fantastic food and I've only ever experienced friendly good natured Turks but then I haven't been to Blackpool abroad places like Marmaris!

Going to Turkey again this year (Kusadasi) as we wan't to do some sight seeing and particularly interested in Ephesus.

Really can't understand the Turkey haters, You guys need to go somewhere like Oludeniz!

Soldato
This is all like so 2012 :rolleyes:

Assuming the issue is still current, I've been to Turkey loads of times but never fancied all inclusive - much better to take your pick of the restaurants. And every resort I've visited (with the possible exception of Patara) has had places offering English breakfast.

If you are going all inclusive then at least pay for somewhere decent that you know will serve what you want. Always been baffled by what quality people really expect to get when they are effectively only paying a few quid on top of the cost of a flight and hotel to cover all their food and drink?

Soldato
Lol op you are denying yourself a chance to experience another countrys cultures, food, architecture weather etc as you cant eat pork for two weeks!? man up and go exploring lifes to short

Associate
OP
Lol op you are denying yourself a chance to experience another countrys cultures, food, architecture weather etc as you cant eat pork for two weeks!? man up and go exploring lifes to short

I did holiday in egypt recently, man did the breakfasts suck, I had to placate myself with croissants.

yuHSVkU.jpg

Bacon = happy times.

Soldato
When I went to Turkey they definitely severed pork in the hotel and at the few restaurants I went to. But I too find it ridiculous that you wouldn't consider going there just because they wouldn't serve pork, Turkey is great country and will go back definitely again.

Soldato
I thought even though it's a muslim country surely they would do so as the vast majority of tourists are going to be international and would like to eat pork.

Were you born yesterday? Don't you know how Islam works?

Expect, neigh demand, non-Muslim countries cater to their every whim when they go to them whilst not budging an inch when they boot is on the other foot.

Capodecina
Soldato
I go to Turkey every year because my wife's family live there. Am planning to go this August again.

Beautiful country, full of history and culture, amazing food, generous, hospitable people. Nothing but good things to say about it.

I will be mostly keeping out of this thread though because of the inevitable Muslim-bashing.

Back
Top Bottom