A HIGH FPS GAMERS DREAM: INTEL 8086K & 9900K BUNDLES WITH FREE STUFF!!

OcUK Staff
OP
We're the 5.2 bin 8086k on today only? Just had one in my basket and now they have shot back up again

This week only which has now ended, what price was it in your basket? I can put it back down tomorrow for you around midday, the system won't allow me to change price again until 24hr, its just a legality.

Soldato
This week only which has now ended, what price was it in your basket? I can put it back down tomorrow for you around midday, the system won't allow me to change price again until 24hr, its just a legality.

£400 iirc :D

Thanks for that offer but I am still torn between that and an i9, also in no rush, been about 18 months since I last touched/owned a PC round about the time when i came to HQ.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey Gibbo was looking to get the 8086k bundle but it seems to have gone up in price, had it in the basket to any chance when it will be coming back.
Same I was looking to order that tomorrow. It’s gone up by £40

This should now be back to £799 !

Be quick as we shall be withdrawing this bundle soon simply as our 8086K stock is now nearly fully depleted and as it was a limited edition CPU by Intel we can no longer source any more unless you pay over £600 which we won't be doing.

Soldato
Long shot, but would you be able to do the 8086 bundle with the Z390 Aorus Pro Intel Z390 board instead? It would be nice to build a bit of future proofing in.

Gigabyte z390 , same VRM /board layout . Audio an RGB less fancy , is about 84c under default Turbo mode running AVX - rivals are about 110c. Pro is 79c

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £818.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Soldato
Yeah, but the 8086k is over £100 more expensive. The reason I was looking for the 8086k is that I am the same age as the original and it will likely be my last build, so I'd like to enjoy it. The future proofing is for my son as he is getting into IT.

Soldato
Yeah, but the 8086k is over £100 more expensive. The reason I was looking for the 8086k is that I am the same age as the original and it will likely be my last build, so I'd like to enjoy it. The future proofing is for my son as he is getting into IT.

Exact same chip as 8700k, just one core can hit 5ghz with Boost , and intel cashing in on name scheme . Not much binning has gone into it, like like OCUK selling g their Binned chips at 5.1ghz etc

Under non AVX, z370 Ultra WiFi and z390 Pro will perform they same :)

Soldato
Exact same chip as 8700k, just one core can hit 5ghz with Boost , and intel cashing in on name scheme . Not much binning has gone into it, like like OCUK selling g their Binned chips at 5.1ghz etc

Under non AVX, z370 Ultra WiFi and z390 Pro will perform they same :)

Yeah, I was reading that. Its purely narcissistic that I get a processor with a significant date otherwise i would have gone AMD route.

Associate
Man of Honour
i wanna do it but not sure its worth it

I wouldn't do it and I am another generation behind you. The small performance gain isn't worth the massive cost and that's even more relevant to you being on a 6700k. If it's not overclocked then do so to get more performance out of it and then wait and see what Ryzen 2 bring's next year or Intels rip off prices come back down to where they should be on the 9000 series cpu's.

Back
Top Bottom