ACER Monitors - my warranty hell and why you should NOT buy one

Soldato
Acer have always been utterly shocking for warranty for years so much so our company boycotted using any of their products 10 years ago. It came after we returned a monitor for a customer to their Heathrow repair centre and it took over 50 hours on the phone and 3 months to get it repaired. By this time we had already replaced the monitor to save face. They were utterly useless and constantly lied. I have probably been asked hundreds of times by distributers why we don't buy Acer products. I am not interested in dealing with a company that has complete disregard for customers and their business. The products are cheap and need to be as their service is some of the worst I have ever experienced.

Caporegime
Pretty sure OCUK (Or any E-tailor) are obliged to deal with you (And on behalf of you to the manufacturer) during any period of the warranty.

Anytime I get the "But you have to deal with manufacturer" I remind them of their obligation and presto, they change their tune.
Manufacturers are very rarely geared properly to deal with end customers.

Sony Mobile to me is a good example of one that is (In terms of getting a repair nice and easy).
Dell to an extent can be. I had to get my E-tailor to arrange the repair as I didn't have a certain reference number they required. But I ended up with a monitor the next day.

Soldato
OP
I have a AOC U2868PQU 28" 4K 60Hz , does it mean my 3 yr onsite is worthless, I await Gibbo's reply.

Check the warranty document that came with the monitor and their website for the best answer. Which is probably No.

edit: Check this AOC do not offer onsite warranty
http://aoc-europe.com/en/content/warranty-information

Just wondering why there has been no further OCUK comment as they could be in a difficult decision. I and others bought the monitors thinking it was onsite warranty. If its confirmed by what I suspect that its not then the products are advertised with the wrong type of warranty.

Although seeing as I never got a reply to my emails I sent to Acer what makes you think Gibbo will ?

:)

Soldato
OP
Manufacturers are very rarely geared properly to deal with end customers.

not quite true

Its different with monitors they provide a repair service under the warranty. Just like with say a washing machine. You dont return it to Currys, a Hotpoint engineer will come out and look at your machine and repair it onsite for instance.

Same with TV's each manufacturer deals with the end customer directly. Eg I had a Toshiba TV which developed a bug where it would just turn itself off when you were watching TV. Enough people reported it to Toshiba for them to issue a firmware fix that was sent out by USB.

I bought the TV from Empire Direct. Toshiba handle the warranty Empire Direct didnt.

Last edited:
Associate
Gosh this is surprising as acer where coming into their own out of know where with all the great monitors and the impressive price ration however when the thing hits the fan and you depend on the company to have proper solutions to well to be fair common problems with screens having miner damage etc so to here of the bad customer and overall experience has put me off a bit and they were doing so well. i hope it gets sorted just get a stein full of coffee and keep waiting until its resolved.

Soldato
Gosh this is surprising as acer where coming into their own out of know where with all the great monitors and the impressive price ration however when the thing hits the fan and you depend on the company to have proper solutions to well to be fair common problems with screens having miner damage etc so to here of the bad customer and overall experience has put me off a bit and they were doing so well. i hope it gets sorted just get a stein full of coffee and keep waiting until its resolved.

Seems like a very apt username ;):p

Associate
My only gripe with my current Acer is theres no sharpness option, like atall, its kinda pathetic because sharpness really helps with defining stuff more on a 27" 1920x1080 screen, really stupid mistake not to put it in.

Associate
Good news, happy ending at least...

Brought the wife a new Acer laptop 2 days before reading this thread, hope to god I don't have similar issues to you. Be sleeping in doghouse for rest of year :(

Soldato
OP
Still surprised we have not had a response about warranty. Had a look at OCUK competitors. Looked as the Rog Swift and 4k monitors.

One says warranty is direct with manufacturer. Not onsite

Another one does not mention warranty at all

This one which have had words of war with OCUK in the past was for the Rog Swift and is not onsite but :-

Warranty Period (yrs): 3
The first year of warranty is with **** (the competitor).
The remaining 2 years are direct with the Manufacturer.

compare to OCUK

- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with Asus - 01442 265 548)

So apart from the one competitor called **** its a bit ambigous based on experience.

Associate
We need an answer on warranty. I think i might get in touch with customer service. I bought this acer monitor based partly on onsite warranty sure others did.

Associate
Spoke to Bailey on CS and they believe that the warranty is collect and replace so true on site.

They are clarifying with Acer but are still waiting a response.

Back
Top Bottom