Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Soldato
Acer must be paying big bucks for exclusivity on these panels I'm guessing, same as they have with the 27" IPS 144Hz. I would love to see the likes of Dell, Samsung etc. get their hands on them, but I have heard no such rumblings of this happenining unfortunately.

Caporegime
I don't think dell really care about having gamer specced monitors tbh, which is a shame as they are easily the best monitor brand overall.

Soldato
Always avoided acer.... But if that 35 inch turns out to be good, I will replace my 40 inch with one. Something around 38 inches would have been better, but can't have it all.

Caporegime
Yeah I most likely won't touch this unless it reviews very well and people don't have issues although I am not paying more than £800 at the absolute very max, any more than it, I might as well just get an OLED tv and use it as a monitor lol

Hopefully with there being a similar product from benq (although I think their version will be 2560x1080) + asus, we will see sensible prices....

Associate
Any word on when OCUK will have these in stock?

I notice other another well known E-Tailer has them listed as being on sale from 26 June.

Seconded, I would also like to know this and/or roughly when OCuK will have these up for pre-order at least?

Note: other E-Tailer now listing end of Aug which seems more in line with acer press release.

Caporegime
PCM2 and badass

Any info. on whether we will be getting a monitor of similar spec that isn't by acer and is freesync sometime this year?

Soldato
75Hz does seem all but confirmed now... I'm not sure who in their right mind would pay £1,000 for this, really, that's just insane.

x34.jpg

Soldato
Guess that confirms that I wont be changing my curved Samsung for this. Theres no point as I wouldn't gain anything but 75hz and im not bothered about freesync. I can imagine it will have some degree of backlight bleed like the rest of the IPS models too.

Soldato
If priced at £750, that's more in line with what I'd expect. I wouldn't get one though, not for a measly 15 extra Hz, even if it does have GSync. If it is priced at £1,000 as I recall Gibbo intially saying before though, anyone paying that needs their head examined.

Wonder how long we'll be waiting for 120/144Hz 21:9 IPS 1440p GSync/Freesync...? I thought all it was going to take was DP 1.3, which I thought was finalised ages ago.

Back
Top Bottom