Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

edit: Turns out I'm a dirty liar, the new monitor had a dead pixel and that stupid yellow glow/bleed in the top and bottom right corner. So back it goes.

Last edited:
**TROUBLE SHOOTING PROBLEM monitor signal delay up to 1 minute** please advise
I don't like to power down my computer just to turn off the screen at night. I have been powering off only the monitor. I ask below question to anyone who has this monitor, when you just power off the monitor and leave it overnight, do you have a problem when you click on power button, there is no signal? I just get a blank screen, even when the power button is illuminated in blue. I know there is a standby light, so is it not advisable to just turn off the monitor? The standby light does not turn on when I turn off the power button on the monitor.

If anyone can advise me, even if they don't have the monitor but know the answer. I don't want to return the monitor because other than this, I have a perfect monitor.

I have a GTX Nvidia 680 GPU this isn't the problem is it? I have I7 ,32GB of ram. I will be upgrading my card probably to a Titan but unsure whether to go Titan X.

I know any electrical product sent especially monitors, it is a lotto whether we receive a working one, it can be damaged in shipping.

I won the monitor lotto
Acer 1440p, IPS, 144HZ, G-sync, 27" screen, is the best monitor I have ever had. The G-sync isn't a gimmick it really works. The IPS colors once I adjusted them to what I prefer are beautiful. Word of advice the brightness out of box is 100 and turning down between 24-30 is perfect in my opinion.

I have won the monitor lottery because I have NO back light bleed, or IPS glow.
I have listed the pro's above but below are the cons

Menu access to change colors, etc I HATE it. Acer could have made this so simple but instead complicated.

I hate the buttons to reach menu all blend it to the black frame. Only the power button is illuminated.

I hate the power button is next to the menu button, so when I just want to turn off the monitor and not the entire computer, I always click on the menu button accidentally.
My older monitor had a single large button in the center and this is the way I prefer it.

I hate the short length of the display cord. I have my hard drive on the floor under the table and it just barely can reach. I ordered a new cord from Amazon and bought the most expensive recommended for 144Hz so waiting for it's arrival.

It is a lotto whether we receive a working one, it can be damaged in shipping.

I don't know what the chances of getting a perfect monitor in all other ways is for a 2nd time. I have silently read the forum learning much, and just joined the forum. Sorry since this is my first post I hope I am doing this correct. I don't understand difference between quick reply and advanced.

**TROUBLE SHOOTING PROBLEM monitor signal delay up to 1 minute** please advise
I don't like to power down my computer just to turn off the screen at night. I have been powering off only the monitor. I ask below question to anyone who has this monitor, when you just power off the monitor and leave it overnight, do you have a problem when you click on power button, there is no signal? I just get a blank screen, even when the power button is illuminated in blue. I know there is a standby light, so is it not advisable to just turn off the monitor? The standby light does not turn on when I turn off the power button on the monitor.

If anyone can advise me, even if they don't have the monitor but know the answer. I don't want to return the monitor because other than this, I have a perfect monitor.

I have a GTX Nvidia 680 GPU this isn't the problem is it? I have I7 ,32GB of ram. I will be upgrading my card probably to a Titan but unsure whether to go Titan X.

I know any electrical product sent especially monitors, it is a lotto whether we receive a working one, it can be damaged in shipping.

I won the monitor lotto
Acer 1440p, IPS, 144HZ, G-sync, 27" screen, is the best monitor I have ever had. The G-sync isn't a gimmick it really works. The IPS colors once I adjusted them to what I prefer are beautiful. Word of advice the brightness out of box is 100 and turning down between 24-30 is perfect in my opinion.

I have won the monitor lottery because I have NO back light bleed, or IPS glow.
I have listed the pro's above but below are the cons

Menu access to change colors, etc I HATE it. Acer could have made this so simple but instead complicated.

I hate the buttons to reach menu all blend it to the black frame. Only the power button is illuminated.

I hate the power button is next to the menu button, so when I just want to turn off the monitor and not the entire computer, I always click on the menu button accidentally.
My older monitor had a single large button in the center and this is the way I prefer it.

I hate the short length of the display cord. I have my hard drive on the floor under the table and it just barely can reach. I ordered a new cord from Amazon and bought the most expensive recommended for 144Hz so waiting for it's arrival.

It is a lotto whether we receive a working one, it can be damaged in shipping.

I don't know what the chances of getting a perfect monitor in all other ways is for a 2nd time. I have silently read the forum learning much, and just joined the forum. Sorry since this is my first post I hope I am doing this correct. I don't understand difference between quick reply and advanced.

Your monitor is clearly faulty (obvious level faulty). Return it.

My replacement has arrived. No dead pixels, no bleed and very minimal IPS glow so happy :D

Finally got what I paid for.

Same here all good so far with todays replacement, no dead pixels and minimal ips glow, compared to my last screen a massive improvement, if everyone gets a good one from the Acer swop out then maybe there is something to Mark's 'bad batch'....

Same here all good so far with todays replacement, no dead pixels and minimal ips glow, compared to my last screen a massive improvement, if everyone gets a good one from the Acer swop out then maybe there is something to Mark's 'bad batch'....

Yeah hopefully it was a bad batch and everyone gets a good replacement. Just been trying alien isolation and it's great not having a yellow/green glow in the bottom right hand corner now :p

Long time lurker here, so much so had to make a new account as the old one was a freeserve email :rolleyes:

Got my Acer from a competitor, also had the unbearable glow in all 4 corners. Got a call from Mark and he stated the "bad batch" issue and should deal with the retailer. Going to RMA and try for one replacement, however not from Acer directly as they seem to have "run out" of stock.

Here's hoping its a good one as this monitor is pretty amazing compared to my Dell2410.

Fingers crossed.

Hello.

I've been following this thread but have been unable to comment as my account wasn't activated.

Long story short; I wanted an ASUS Swift for a long time, and I was just about to get one when I came upon this monitor. When I received mine, I had a lot of glow on all four corners, worst at the bottom right and one dead pixel in the centre.

I contacted Overclockers and they were very quick in replying. There was a bit of too and from them and Acer, but Mark has now emailed and confirmed that there will be some new stock in on the 25'th and he said that this will be free from the problems discussed in this thread, so I have cancelled my RMA and eagerly await my replacement.

I was looking forward to receiving this monitor as I bought my Dell monitor 5 years ago, but I must say I was disappointed with the quality considering the price tag. However, Overclockers have been great with me and I look forward to receiving a fully functional replacement from ACER.

I have upgraded my PC in anticipation of the Witcher 3. I hope that my 2 980's will be able to get me over 60 fps on this monitor. That's why I went with 2560x1440, as I would prefer this great resolution and the extra fps as opposed to going up to 4k. My friend has and he loves it, but he games at 40 fps with medium/high settings, and I personally hate gaming below 60.

Anyway, I will update when I receive my replacement.

Last edited:
Hello.

I've been following this thread but have been unable to comment as my account wasn't activated.

Long story short; I wanted an ASUS Swift for a long time, and I was just about to get one when I came upon this monitor. When I received mine, I had a lot of glow on all four corners, worst at the bottom right and one dead pixel in the centre.

I contacted Overclockers and they were very quick in replying. There was a bit of too and from them and Acer, but Mark has now emailed and confirmed that there will be some new stock in on the 25'th and he said that this will be free from the problems discussed in this thread, so I have cancelled my RMA and eagerly await my replacement.

I was looking forward to receiving this monitor as I bought my Dell monitor 5 years ago, but I must say I was disappointed with the quality considering the price tag. However, Overclockers have been great with me and I look forward to receiving a fully functional replacement from ACER.

I have upgraded my PC in anticipation of the Witcher 3. I hope that my 2 980's will be able to get me over 60 fps on this monitor. That's why I went with 2560x1440, as I would prefer this great resolution and the extra fps as opposed to going up to 4k. My friend has and he loves it, but he games at 40 fps with medium/high settings, and I personally hate gaming below 60.

Anyway, I will update when I receive my replacement.

Two 980s will be fine for 60fps+. Heck I'd expect 120 on that monitor

It's advisable not to run at 144 as inversion occurs. 120 is fine

Two 980s will be fine for 60fps+. Heck I'd expect 120 on that monitor

It's advisable not to run at 144 as inversion occurs. 120 is fine

Ah really. I didn't know that. The first thing I did was 'engage 144 mode' :cool:

I'll change that to 120. Should I do that on the monitor itself or just in game/via Windows?

That's just great. According to the recent users comments above Mark is able to get more stock now after telling me a couple
of days ago that he won't be able to get anmore soon and so I should RMA the screen to OcUK which I have just done.

That's just great. According to the recent users comments above Mark is able to get more stock now after telling me a couple
of days ago that he won't be able to get anmore soon and so I should RMA the screen to OcUK which I have just done.

I think Acer have had to change their 'policy' because of the amount of issues with the monitor. It probably wan't an option a couple of days ago.

Contact Acer and see if they will send you one of the new ones, or contact Overclockers and ask them to send you one when the new stock arrives.

So flipping UPS guy turned up at my place at 3, knocked the door as lightly as he could and decided not to risk pressing the button next to it, so tomorrow now.

Called Mark, said would be fine, also mentioned more contact with OC and that for those that didn't get one more stock here on 25th for replacements.

OcUK should be ok shouldn't they if I asked them to send the screen back to me once they have received it on friday if
I get confirmation from Mark tomorrow about him being able to get more stock and so he can get me replacement?

The screen was collected today by the delivery service I used to send it back to OcUK.

If it was some sort of "bad batch" then we need this officially confirming ASAP.

Would be nice to know if those who are getting replacements from Acer directly are having better luck, i.e. no dead pixels and minimal blb/glow.

If it was some sort of "bad batch" then we need this officially confirming ASAP.

Would be nice to know if those who are getting replacements from Acer directly are having better luck, i.e. no dead pixels and minimal blb/glow.

Agreed. It would be nice to know if that's the case. I'm due a replacement from the retailer, however, knowing my luck, it'll be from the same batch with the same problems!

Haven't played this lottery in a while!

I didn't buy my monitor from OC because they were out of stock so bought from a competitor. Before I do a return, could my problem be GTX 680 GPU is not strong enough to get signal to monitor when I just turn off monitor and restart it without shutting down computer? I timed it today and I saw a blank screen for 1 minute. later I will shut down computer with monitor and see if the problem is fixed.
I have only had the monitor about 5 days. I play mmo games and at 144HZ with no problem at all. I am not getting 144Hz because I need to upgrade my video card. I am very happy with my frame rate though since before I only had 60 frame rate.

Last edited:
Agreed. It would be nice to know if that's the case. I'm due a replacement from the retailer, however, knowing my luck, it'll be from the same batch with the same problems!

Haven't played this lottery in a while!

I'm hoping to get a replacement for mine which is on its way to OCUK now. I don't know what the outcome will be yet but i believe it's dirt/dust under the panel and therefore a fault.

I'll admit I'm a bit worried the replacement, should I get one will also have issues. I guess it would be nice to know if the swap option would still be available if that happens

I didn't buy my monitor from OC because they were out of stock so bought from a competitor. Before I do a return, could my problem be GTX 680 GPU is not strong enough to get signal to monitor when I just turn off monitor and restart it without shutting down computer? I timed it today and I saw a blank screen for 1 minute. later I will shut down computer with monitor and see if the problem is fixed.
I have only had the monitor about 5 days. I play mmo games and at 144HZ with no problem at all. I am not getting 144Hz because I need to upgrade my video card. I am very happy with my frame rate though since before I only had 60 frame rate.

Unfortunately not. It really does sound like a faulty monitor, i'd be very surprised if it was not.

Glad to hear the replacement monitors are working out. I also missed my delivery today so will be getting my replacement from acer tomorrow. I had a couple of dead pixels and bad bleed so hoping my replacement will be fine although i keep thinking they can't all be good can they???

Will post an update tomorrow, fingers crossed...

Back
Top Bottom