Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

I didn't buy my monitor from OC because they were out of stock so bought from a competitor. Before I do a return, could my problem be GTX 680 GPU is not strong enough to get signal to monitor when I just turn off monitor and restart it without shutting down computer? I timed it today and I saw a blank screen for 1 minute. later I will shut down computer with monitor and see if the problem is fixed.
I have only had the monitor about 5 days. I play mmo games and at 144HZ with no problem at all. I am not getting 144Hz because I need to upgrade my video card. I am very happy with my frame rate though since before I only had 60 frame rate.

I have a 670 and never once had any issues as you've described. The monitor sounds like the culprit to me.

Well mine arrived today, its pixel perfect but it still has a nasty yellow glow in the lower right hand corner and a fair amount of bleed above the buttons. I'm going to give it 24 hours and decide what to do.

In all honesty this whole thing has left me rather negative about the whole thing and i'll probably return the replacement and return the other to ocuk and wait for something that had the build quality to justify its price tag.

This is my new one with the recommended settings

3 of the corners i can live with as its just the normal ips glow , but the yellow glow in the lower right and the bleed i can't.

I settled with the Acer Predator XB270HA a while ago cause of the price, but damn the colours dont nearly look as good as my Ben 2720t, and they have the same contract ratio and all, i just cant find the best settings.
And for a 1920x1080 screen i thought they would put a sharpness option in to atleast negate a little the fact that its 1920x1080 on 27 inches.

This is my new one with the recommended settings

3 of the corners i can live with as its just the normal ips glow , but the yellow glow in the lower right and the bleed i can't.

That's probably fixable with some internal modding, but you shouldn't need to do mod a £700 monitor just to get an average backlight bleeding.

Ah really. I didn't know that. The first thing I did was 'engage 144 mode' :cool:

I'll change that to 120. Should I do that on the monitor itself or just in game/via Windows?

Set the monitor to 120Hz and desktop and games. Otherwise you face inversion. I also think we're chatting in the wrong thread haha

I have a 670 and never once had any issues as you've described. The monitor sounds like the culprit to me.

***PROBLEM SOLVED ***
Thanks for your reply. Do you shut off Acer IPS 1440p 144Hz monitor only with power off button, without turning off computer? Do You have same monitor?

I usually don't power down my computer, I only clicked off monitor button with my previous monitors. I am impatient and do not like waiting for a desktop screen. Last night I powered down computer, the standby orange light came on, but after few seconds went off.

Today I am happy to report when I powered on computer, the monitor instantly turned on by itself , I didn't have to click monitor power button! I have never had a monitor with standby before, but also have never had instant access to my desktop when I login.

I will still upgrade my video card but I have no complaints on this monitor. I have had it less than a week.

I don't have overspill of light from blue power button as others described. I don't have any dead pixels.
I don't have any IPS glow and I searched for it.
I don't have any back light bleed.
I have monitor set in Gsync 144hz with no problem.

I hope everyone else who is experiencing problems, of any of the above listed will win the perfect monitor lotto in replacement.

I bought from competitor, not sure if I can mention it so I won't, but if there is a bad quality control batch, as happens in all monitors it seems, it didn't happen to me. I surmise this monitor has a standby mode with orange light for a purpose and that means after powering off computer, going into standby, means instant access to desktop, after login screen. When I just click power off on monitor, it has no way to enter standby mode.

This is a fast monitor in all ways for me. I do not regret buying it, and still believe it is the best I have owned.

Surely someone like Samsung or Dell... basically a manufacturer that knows how to build a quality product that looks and feels like it's worth a premium price tag... will take this panel (or a variation of) and make their own version? Are there no rumblings of this happening anytime soon? I'm also curious what the technical barriers are exactly to making an ultra wide panel with these specifications? I wouldn't have thought it was THAT hard tbh.

***PROBLEM SOLVED ***
Thanks for your reply. Do you shut off Acer IPS 1440p 144Hz monitor only with power off button, without turning off computer? Do You have same monitor?

I usually don't power down my computer, I only clicked off monitor button with my previous monitors. I am impatient and do not like waiting for a desktop screen. Last night I powered down computer, the standby orange light came on, but after few seconds went off.

Today I am happy to report when I powered on computer, the monitor instantly turned on by itself , I didn't have to click monitor power button! I have never had a monitor with standby before, but also have never had instant access to my desktop when I login.

I will still upgrade my video card but I have no complaints on this monitor. I have had it less than a week.

I don't have overspill of light from blue power button as others described. I don't have any dead pixels.
I don't have any IPS glow and I searched for it.
I don't have any back light bleed.
I have monitor set in Gsync 144hz with no problem.

I hope everyone else who is experiencing problems, of any of the above listed will win the perfect monitor lotto in replacement.

I bought from competitor, not sure if I can mention it so I won't, but if there is a bad quality control batch, as happens in all monitors it seems, it didn't happen to me. I surmise this monitor has a standby mode with orange light for a purpose and that means after powering off computer, going into standby, means instant access to desktop, after login screen. When I just click power off on monitor, it has no way to enter standby mode.

This is a fast monitor in all ways for me. I do not regret buying it, and still believe it is the best I have owned.

Yeah I have the same monitor and only use the power button on the monitor as I leave my p.c on over night and never had any issues with my 670. Do you still need to shut down your p.c every night to overcome the problem or did the one restart sort it?

Surely someone like Samsung or Dell... basically a manufacturer that knows how to build a quality product that looks and feels like it's worth a premium price tag... will take this panel (or a variation of) and make their own version? Are there no rumblings of this happening anytime soon? I'm also curious what the technical barriers are exactly to making an ultra wide panel with these specifications? I wouldn't have thought it was THAT hard tbh.

I have a feeling with Acer being first to market with this panel, they must have some sort of deal in place where they can be the only manufacturer for a set amount of time. Like yourself I cant fathom why the likes of Samsung, Dell or Asus cant have something announced and ready.

There are exclusivity deals between AUO, ASUS and Acer.

There are exclusivity deals between AUO, ASUS and Acer.

Like what ?

Ok lets say AUO as the deal in place with Asus for the IPS freesync, and Acer for the IPS gsync. It doesnt make sense why there's no IPS gsync as surely UAO cant control what ndivia module goes in , so I would have thought at the very least an Asus IPS gsync.

Like what ?

Ok lets say AUO as the deal in place with Asus for the IPS freesync, and Acer for the IPS gsync. It doesnt make sense why there's no IPS gsync as surely UAO cant control what ndivia module goes in , so I would have thought at the very least an Asus IPS gsync.

But other than Asus no one else seems to be that bothered about G Sync / Free sync, it is still a small proportion of the market, can't ever really see Dell or Samsung pushing towards full on gaming monitors anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom