Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Guys,

All I am going to say is:

We are working on it.................................

Hi Bailey
Working on what, precisely?

Dirt behind screens and electrical problems are obviously faults.
However, under 15 dead pixels is within 'acceptable' boundaries and that horrendous glow/backlight from the corners is apparently 'imaginary'.
I can't for the life of me think what could be worked on.

I really do hope you can solve this as I would be top of the list to order another one from anyone that could improve the current predicament and at least offer some extra guarantee that what we see at home is not a hallucination that mysteriously disappears when returned to the retailer.

Hello Everybody,

Ok its official now so I can let all you guys know finally.

Gibbo and myself had a meeting with Acer directly yesterday and we have come to the agreement which will keep all the customers happy. Acer have gone all out on the service here as they are a fantastic brand.

Here is the official statement from Acer UK and OcUK:

Acer and OCUK will support customers fully if they are unhappy with the product due to excessive bleed. After a minimum 48hrs use OCUK and Acer will offer an additional level of service to ensure that the customer has a 100% satisfactory result which will be either provided by Acer directly or OCUK (up to the customer). Acer UK / OCUK will happily resolve the issue by our service team either fixing the issue directly or by way of offering a tested replacement.

Acer has taken on board fully the comments of its customers and we have in fact applied an additional level of quality check for our premium and gaming models. This is now in place immediately for all gaming and premium models. We take the gaming community very seriously and take the feedback from customers on board (positive or negative).

So there you have it, Acer and OcUK are pulling the big guns out to make sure every one is happy with their product.

I hope this helps everyone who has purchased the monitor and it goes to show what a fantastic brand Acer is taking the service to the next level supporting everyone and providing a quality product for all to enjoy.

Any questions or queries please feel free to give me or Gibbo a shout.

Happy Friday everyone

Regards

Bailey

Last edited:
So if I have the monitor now and it has excessive bleed and IPS glow, how can I get mine repaired or replaced?

I have no dead pixels or dirt which is great, but after a weeks use bleed is viewable in daylight operation with the recommended settings which obviously is no good.

I'm glad I've waited and not sent it back now due to it being an amazing monitor (should you have no BLB/ excessive glow), however if they are now checking them /fixing before sending back, I need to get onboard.

HI there

Just to echo what has being said, Acer have being building monitors for years, but this is really one of their first ventures with high-end premium gaming panels.

We explained to them on such panels customers are expecting perfection and as such problems such as dead/stuck pixels and excessive backlight bleed really are not acceptable on a monitor which cost north of £500. They have completely agreed with this and all new batches of gaming/premium panels they offer will go through extra QC checks that look for in particular dead/stuck pixels and excessive backlight bleed.

Actual faults such as electronics/dust are incredibly rare so are a none issue, we've now sold 400 of these monitors at OcUK alone and were talking around 26 returns to OcUK/Acer from what we have sold for either bleed/pixel defects.

So the extra level of QC should help reduce returns greatly and result in far happier customers.

So if your panel has dead/stuck pixels or excessive glow particular in the bottom right hand corner where blacks appear like a yellow tinge feel free to send the monitor back to OcUK/Acer as faulty, we will swap it out and will happily pre-test any screen we send you out for backlight bleed and stuck pixels.

Its taken sometime but again OcUK comes through strong by making Acer recognise these issues and work with us on them, but also I have to say a big thumbs up goes to Acer for recognising these issues and also wanting their gaming customer to have a great experience with the product and customer service. :)

So if I have the monitor now and it has excessive bleed and IPS glow, how can I get mine repaired or replaced?

I have no dead pixels or dirt which is great, but after a weeks use bleed is viewable in daylight operation with the recommended settings which obviously is no good.

I'm glad I've waited and not sent it back now due to it being an amazing monitor (should you have no BLB/ excessive glow), however if they are now checking them /fixing before sending back, I need to get onboard.

If you truly have excessive bleed, do not mistake it for IPS glow, maybe post up a photo here or in CS section, we will confirm it is bleed and then give you an RMA number. :)

How do we go about this process now?, I'm happy for either Acer or OCUK to replace my monitor with a newly QC'd version, are these the ones that are intended to land on the 25th?, I'm happy to wait for a perfect version of this great monitor.

How do we go about this process now?, I'm happy for either Acer or OCUK to replace my monitor with a newly QC'd version, are these the ones that are intended to land on the 25th?, I'm happy to wait for a perfect version of this great monitor.

OcUK will pre-test from our current stock for those wanting a replacement, the current batch the majority are fine without issue, but the percentage with bleed or/and pixel defects are higher than should be.

Newer batches from Acer have further QC checks bringing chances down far more .

I'd say you are best to RMA with OcUK as we have put a process now in place. :)

As far as I am aware new stock is due around the 25th which has been re-QC'd by Acer to make sure the monitors are not suffering from Bleed

We can replace faulty units out of our stock once we have tested / inspected the returned item.

It may be worth waiting until all new stock lands with Acer or OcUK

Bailey

As far as I am aware new stock is due around the 25th which has been re-QC'd by Acer to make sure the monitors are not suffering from Bleed

We can replace faulty units out of our stock once we have tested / inspected the returned item.

It may be worth waiting until all new stock lands with Acer or OcUK

Bailey

I'm happy to wait until the new stock arrives around the 25th, is there a list I can go on for this?, as obviously I'll have had my monitor for a few weeks by then.

Thanks for the info.

Couple of quick questions
1 - If I order, (I don't own one of these yet), would you test/check the monitor prior to dispatch? (EDIT: Awahwah posted whilst I was still typing :D )
2 - What is the dead pixel guarantee on this? I know on the Swift if there's even 1 dead pixel then it's eligible for a return or replacement.

I'm happy to wait until the new stock arrives around the 25th, is there a list I can go on for this?, as obviously I'll have had my monitor for a few weeks by then.

Sure,

If you drop me a thread in the C/S thread I will put you on the list for the re-QC'd stock on or around 25th of the month.

Same goes for anyone :)

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom