Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Last edited:
HI there
So if your panel has dead/stuck pixels or excessive glow particular in the bottom right hand corner where blacks appear like a yellow tinge feel free to send the monitor back to OcUK/Acer as faulty, we will swap it out and will happily pre-test any screen we send you out for backlight bleed and stuck pixels.

based on this quote I'm guessing you can return the monitor as faulty if it has a dead or stuck pixel and they will give you a replacement that has been checked. They just are not guaranteeing the first monitor you receive will have no dead pixels?

I know on the Swift you offer zero dead pixel policy any chance of that happening on this monitor as it costs more than the Swift??

I know on the Swift you offer zero dead pixel policy any chance of that happening on this monitor as it costs more than the Swift??

Probably not as it seems quite a few come with dead pixels :D

What was the Acer dead-pixel warranty thing? If the price is right and it guarantees a swap if there are any dead pixels then I might be interested - that is of course if the new batch proves to be of better quality/less issues etc.

So what should people expect from these pre tested monitors? If Gibbo/Bailey or anybody else would care to shed some light on what people should be expecting to receive or would hope to receive. For example will it be a new monitor you test or a return? Will there be any dead pixels? Will there be dirt under the screen? Will there be scratches on the Base and orange ring like it's been dropped? Will all the protective film/wrap be completely removed? (why would it be removed if it wasn't a return?)

I received mine today and all the above apply to my new PRE-TESTED monitor, only thing I haven't tested if BLB but I need to wait for the evening really. Any way would be interesting so hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Well my 2nd one arrived today.

I think 2 maybe 3 dead pixels side by side 1 inch in from the left side and about 7inches up from the bottom.

Not quite sure what to do or say now to be honest. I'm debating either to live with it try methods to fix them and hope they come back or return it and forget about this monitor.
I know there's a chance to swap out but like the above post from gt11 if dead pixels are not going to be considered in the "pre-checked" system then I might be better off with this one. The BLB is a BIT better than my last one and considering where the pixels are its not something I'm probably going to notice through general use and gaming.

Its quite hard to tell if they are actually dead...as my last one had dirt under the screen. This issue looks a bit smaller and darker but trying to get in that close is not easy.

I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

Last edited:
People who buy this monitor after 46 pages of complaints deserve what they get. Just read the reviews on other etailers also

No one in there right mind would buy one after checking the forums but unfortunately I've had mine from day 1, and I would certainly question buying anything at all from ocuk in the future....

No one in there right mind would buy one after checking the forums but unfortunately I've had mine from day 1, and I would certainly question buying anything at all from ocuk in the future....

Normally, I would agree, however I bough this monitor from somewhere else, and am on my second replacement, however that is exactly as bad with glow, dust/dead pixels. Acer just dropped the ball big time and wasted a great opportunity. All for the cost of more QA before these things leave the production hall, no one is going to think buying acer from here on.

Normally, I would agree, however I bough this monitor from somewhere else, and am on my second replacement, however that is exactly as bad with glow, dust/dead pixels. Acer just dropped the ball big time and wasted a great opportunity. All for the cost of more QA before these things leave the production hall, no one is going to think buying acer from here on.

What I mean about buying from ocuk is my pre checked one is worse that the one I sent back, I will post some pics up later of how badly scratched the Base is and it still has dead pixels and dirt on the screen which was the main reason I sent it back, all the plastic protection is removed which leads me to believe it wasn't a new one at all, somebody's return there trying to palm off to me, it wasn't even calibrated to TFT specs just the brightness turned down to 22... God help anyone that needs to turn it higher than that lol

What I mean about buying from ocuk is my pre checked one is worse that the one I sent back, I will post some pics up later of how badly scratched the Base is and it still has dead pixels and dirt on the screen which was the main reason I sent it back, all the plastic protection is removed which leads me to believe it wasn't a new one at all, somebody's return there trying to palm off to me, it wasn't even calibrated to TFT specs just the brightness turned down to 22... God help anyone that needs to turn it higher than that lol

Ahh right. Fair enough.

It really is a shame the early samples, apparently, have so many issues. I am half tempted to put up with the glow/dead pixels compared to my old dell 2410, this thing is so much better for games. I was always weary of the whole 144Hz/gsync talk, but after experiencing it, its hard to go back to my old monitor.

If you play "bright" games, it amazing, as soon as it hits night/dark scenes, the corners greet you with that glow!

We'll see, here's hoping the glow reduces after another day or two :) /glasshalffull

Well in an interesting chain of events a certain place in bolton has removed them from sale.

Reply i got from a live chat was : "Yes we have been advised of an issue with the stock we have so its been recalled by Acer"

Well I am meant to be getting a replacement from a new batch new stock from Acer that is due in the
week beginning the 25th, arranged by Mark which will supposedly be fully quality checked before
going into the distribution channel.

OcUK is also meant to be receiving a batch from this new stock thought Bailey has said to me
there is no ETA yet on when they will have them

We shall see if this new batch new stock from Acer really has been checked before hand and they
don't suffer from any of the main reported issues.

I have already had a replacement from OcUK and the replacement has only slight backlight bleed
which to me was acceptable but unfortunately it has some dead or stuck pixels or dirt behind
the screen which for me is a no go considering the price of the screen.

By the way, the manufacture date of my replacement screen from OcUK was March 2015.

I can`t remember the manufacture date of the original one I first got from OcUK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom