Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
Nothing from Acer here at all. When I asked in the CS forum Bailey said it's looking like 1st week of June and that Acer will be contacting people soon.

But yeah patience is almost out for me. I'm holding on a tad longer because if you do remove these stupid issues like the bleed and dirt etc then the monitor really does look fantastic. However having paid the money out and now having to deal with this hassle it really makes you question if it is indeed worth it or not.

Associate
Thanks for replying. Still a long way off from the looks of things then. I'm starting to think it might be better asking for a refund and waiting to see what the Asus one just announced is like.

Associate
After seeing this Asus news on there IPS panel I would be getting my money back and sit on it until the Asus comes into stock.

The fate of distance manufacturing where its getting harder and harder for you to get what you pay for!!! what's it going to be like in another 5 years?

"well think yourself lucky you had one turn up at all normally there empty boxes"

Associate
yeah rang ocuk to check, they said im on acers list and they will be contacting me with the new batch, i will ring acer tomorrow to confirm as they would need to confirm a delivery date

still havent been contacted by acer in over 3 weeks of me boxing the xb270hu
(i actually need to fish my call history for this illusive acer number)

p.s. i feel like a mug

Last edited:
Associate
yeah rang ocuk to check, they said im on acers list and they will be contacting me with the new batch, i will ring acer tomorrow to confirm as they would need to confirm a delivery date

still havent been contacted by acer in over 3 weeks of me boxing the xb270hu
(i actually need to fish my call history for this illusive acer number)

p.s. i feel like a mug

Your not a mug mate we all go through this type of thing once in a while :mad:

Hope it works out for you in the end, question though, if this new batch is bad i gather you can get a full refund??

Associate
I had sent Mark a email early this morning and I got this response from him when I asked him when the new batch is due.
Hi
We are still waiting for the date the new stock is to be finalised and with the distributors. I have spoke with the product management team and they are advising it should be within the next 1-2 weeks but nothing is definite yet I'm afraid.

Regards
Mark
Acer Escalation Team

It seems the new batch has been delayed again. I tell you one thing, this new batch better be good, have the issues with this screen sorted
this time considering the issues we the customer has had with these screens and the length of time it is taking for this new batch to a arrive.

Associate
Yes, it is coming from OcUK. Are old stock monitors the ones which were returned? Is there no chance to get a good one?

No you shouldn't get one which were returned. OcUK will send you one which have been untouched.

It seems to be a lottery with the batch they have. You could get a good one or a bad one. The same goes for any retailer that has any of the previous batches in stock.

Associate
I am expecting mine tomorrow. My first jump from 1080p. I hope it will be without any dead pixels or bleed!

Good luck man, and something to bare in mind is you will lose about 20-25% performance in games, so hope you are prepared for that, though with G-Sync that isn't as much of an issue, as long as you can get 45FPS up it will look good.

I'll never bother with a 1080 screen ever again, that's so last decade. :) 2560x1440 is the sweet spot right now.

Associate
I guess I am quite lucky. My Acer arrived today and it does not have a single bad pixel. It has that IPS glow or light bleed, I am not sure how to call it. Yellowish lower right corner. I can see it only on a black background though.

I could not try gaming yet because something is broken in my new PC I built today. CPU fan not working, no display. I assume it is PSU 's fault as it is the only old part. I should have a new one tomorrow.

Performance should not be an issue as I bought 2x 980 Ti's :)

Associate
I guess I am quite lucky. My Acer arrived today and it does not have a single bad pixel. It has that IPS glow or light bleed, I am not sure how to call it. Yellowish lower right corner. I can see it only on a black background though.

I could not try gaming yet because something is broken in my new PC I built today. CPU fan not working, no display. I assume it is PSU 's fault as it is the only old part. I should have a new one tomorrow.

Performance should not be an issue as I bought 2x 980 Ti's :)

I hope you have good luck on getting your computer working again. I take it your computer isn't turning on or something? have you tested with your old screen?

Is the backlight bleed on the new screen really bad or is it only suffering from it just a little bit and not really noticeable even when viewing anything with a dark background?

Any chance you can post some screens?

Last edited:
Associate
I hope you have good luck on getting your computer working again. I take it your computer isn't turning on or something? have you tested with your old screen?

Is the backlight bleed on the new screen really bad or is it only suffering from it just a little bit and not really noticeable even when viewing anything with a dark background?

Any chance you can post some screens?

I tested my new computer with TV (over HDMI, both with 980 Ti and on-board graphics) and this Acer over DisplayPort. Sometimes the screen flickers for a second after turning PC on but that is it.

Backlight is not bad really. I made a photo with my phone but it does not reflect how it really looks. It is less visible normally.

tFSgqK2.jpg

I think I have also found one dead pixel:

dKo6sr6.jpg

I connected Acer to my laptop for now to see how it feels. Based on what I've seen so far I don't think these issues are going to bother me in any way. That dead pixel is barely noticeable (I did not see it yesterday) and the light bleed seems to be fine so far.

Back
Top Bottom