Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
Hello i am a bit dissapointed with your customer service, i was aware of the problem with this monitors and i ask before some days oc.uk customer service
if they can open and test a monitor for me and i will even pay extra for the testing and they deny my request their answer to me was that they cannot do that...
so today my monitor arrived with excessive bleeding on the right bottom corner...

can i request a rma and please can you test the screen first before you send it.

Last edited:
Associate
But when those inevitable frame rate drops do hit, they aren't being as smoothed out as I was led to expect. Not sure if they're spiking at <40fps or whatever the low end of the G-Sync threshold is, or if my monitor is so b0rked that it isn't carrying out the G-Sync duty as it should, but I'm yet to have the 'wow' factor that the reviews implied from the tech.

How are other Acer owners finding G-Sync?

Yeah one thing I've learned is G-Sync will not stop the stutters you get from big changes in FPS or from bad game code or SLI issues. Still after going back to a regular monitor it sucks to have the tearing even with two 980s. Back to the waiting game for me. :(

Soldato
Hello i am a bit dissapointed with your customer service, i was aware of the problem with this monitors and i ask before some days oc.uk customer service
if they can open and test a monitor for me and i will even pay extra for the testing and they deny my request their answer to me was that they cannot do that...
so today my monitor arrived with excessive bleeding on the right bottom corner...

can i request a rma and please can you test the screen first before you send it.

You should post in the section linked below, call them or send a Webnote from overclockers.co.uk for actual support.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Associate
General consensus this monitor is currently a lemon then? Or has extra QC been put in place?

'It seems good ones are very good and bad ones are bad',

Exactly the same as the swift if you look through those posts, think they've got the same QC team being used.

And to be fair to Acer, they swopped my monitor out on the day i asked for no problems, and as it wasn't any better than the previous one they've contacted me about a swop out when the new stock arrives so can't really ask for more than that at present.

Last edited:
Associate
Your question cannot be answered yet as the new stock isn't coming until next week and even that isn't set in stone if you ask me. I'll be waiting until there are a few confirmed good purchases and rma swaps reported on here before trying again. I'm still not sure whether it's just better to wait until some other third party is selling a monitor with the same AU built panel in it, Acer has kind of burnt my fingers with their shoddy build quality.

If you get a good one they are a stunning monitor, unfortunately that seems to be a rare find going by the replies in this thread alone. Of course happy customers don't come to forums to proclaim their joy, for the most part, so it's hard to judge that.

Associate
:*( not even a email im so alone with my pain and suffering and its mocking me sitting its its box for the 3rd week

OCUK sort it out!!! for the love of jebus

I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't have the patience ... let alone the faith that a company would do things of their own accord after that long a time.

Start chasing and at least get some sort of response via appropriate channels. If getting a replacement is proving too difficult, just get yourself a refund and re-order once some positive news about the "new batch" samples start pouring in ... we hope.

Pin

Associate
I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't have the patience ... let alone the faith that a company would do things of their own accord after that long a time.

Start chasing and at least get some sort of response via appropriate channels. If getting a replacement is proving too difficult, just get yourself a refund and re-order once some positive news about the "new batch" samples start pouring in ... we hope.

Pin

I'm questioning my own patience with it to be honest. I think ill give it until I get home from work Tuesday and if I've heard nothing from Acer I'll cancel a replacement and just send it back.

The only good thing in all this is that I've learned NEVER to buy a new release monitor and to use caution when purchasing Acer products.

Associate
Hopefully the new batch does arrive this week coming. The new batch was supposed to arrive last week.

This new batch is there last chance for me. If the new batch isn't any better than what's available right
now then I will be returning the replacement then arranging a full refund.

I am at the moment just like others here, waiting on Mark from Acer contacting me to arrange this
replacement from this new batch once they arrive.

Last edited:
Associate
The next couple of weeks could be vital for Acer as SEVEN new G-sync monitors have just been announced including a direct competitor in the Asus PG279Q. A 2560x1440 27" 144 Hz IPS.
If they include their 1 dead pixel policy then Asus have just stole my hard earned readies after two failed attempts to purchase a half decent XB270HU's from Acer.
I was thinking of trying another Acer from the new batch but the chances of being left with an ever deteriorating screen are too high (there are 49 pages of complaints here and 144 pages on ooc.net after only being on sale a month).
Shocking! :eek:

Soldato
The next couple of weeks could be vital for Acer as SEVEN new G-sync monitors have just been announced including a direct competitor in the Asus PG279Q. A 2560x1440 27" 144 Hz IPS.
Here's hoping the PG279Q will be an improvement over the Acer... not that it would be too difficult given all the issues people like yourself have had to date. I am also crossing my fingers they do away with the glossy piano black!!

Associate
I'm waiting on this next batch and a date for the swap-out from Mark at Acer too.

If the price and full specs of the Asus PG279Q get released before they get in touch I think I'll cancel my purchase and see what Asus can offer up.

Associate
still no "reviews" on OCUK product page.

I tried to post a truthful review twice on the Bolton site and they both got pulled because they included mentions of problems that should only be discussed with customer support. :confused:
When asked to rewrite my review I simply replied that there was not much point if I couldn't review truthfully.
Now where did I bury that monitor?

Back
Top Bottom