Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Caporegime
I am surprised reducing the brightness didn't reduce the appearance of the bleed for you.

Either way, I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, that is only one screen and most likely an earlier version of the screen.

Backlight bleed is largely down to the assembly of the chassis, not the panel.

Associate
Do I need to do something in order to enable 144hz? Maximum I see is 120hz. The monitor is displayed as "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager.

If I recall correctly, I only had up to 120Hz as an option prior to installing the driver. This one here is from Acer, but is unsigned. It worked fine for me.

To answer your other questions, you don't need G-sync on to get up to 144Hz, no.

Associate
I asked Bailey today and they haven't had any update from Acer about the new batch. I'm giving it till the end of them month then I'm going to ask for a refund.

Associate
I'm holding on because other than its looks the monitor is truly amazing.

This void of information is kind of worrying though. Sometimes wonder if we will actually get a swap out. We should do of course but... meh. Just want this whole acer monitor screw up over and done with.

Associate
Hi all.

Not sure if anyone else is still waiting for a replacement. I was told two weeks ago that the stock would be in in 1-2 weeks, so I emailed today. I have been told that it might be another 1-2 weeks before the stock is in.

As others have said, I will wait until the end of this month before requesting a refund.

The reply was prompt form Acer, but it is a little poor considering the nature of the problems, the price of the item and how long it is taking to be resolved.

If Asus come out with a competitor soon, Acer will be in a lot of trouble.

Associate
I've been told very soon but that could mean anything considering Acer haven't even bothered to contact me in the last 4 weeks.

I'd happily take a refund at this point but looks like that is off the table...

**** poor support from Acer over this.

Associate
I'd happily take a refund at this point but looks like that is off the table...

... a bit confused by that remark.
Why not request a refund?
Any reputable supplier would never refuse under these conditions.
If they do... and you paid over £100 for anything on credit card... and there was a refusal to refund over this fiasco, just claim against your CC. Just send them a copy of your emails and invoice. Its as simple as that.

Personally, mine went back same day on launch weekend. It was pixel perfect, no dirt specks and looked stunning in every Gsync game I tried. I just couldn't live with the yellow 'radiation' in the bottom right corner, creeping further towards the middle in every loading screen, dark scene and black background. As if calling it IPS GLOW was a valid excuse. Whatever next? 'Predator Vision'. My last monitor was an IPS costing 1/4 of the price of this one and was solid black.

I will buy another because it is still the best looking gaming monitor I have seen since CRT. But I will wait it out a month as I couldn't be certain that the first few of the new batch will not be touched up returns. I hope Acer prove me wrong because they could still pull this off.

Associate
Here's just hoping the delay is because they are trying to get it right this time by releasing a new improved batch that perhaps has fixes in place to sort
some of the issues and they are fully quality checked before going into the distribution channel.

Well I hope so anyways that it is a new batch and not a old batch and they will at least be quality checked before going into the distribution channel.

I guess we'll soon see if this is the case or not if they are now trying to get it right.

Last edited:
Associate
This is dragging on a bit now. I'm on the list for a replacement as far as I know and I've heard nothing from Acer at all throughout the whole thing. Some decent official update on here or at least an email from Acer would make me feel a tad bit better about holding on.

Starting to feel like myself and others waiting for a swap out have almost been forgotten.

Soldato
What is 144hz with normal Vsync like? eg. if the monitor is set at 144hz but the Vsync is at 72fps? Does this look better / worse than a normal 60hz monitor Vsync at 60fps?

Back
Top Bottom