Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
Whilst I haven't officially requested a refund, when suggesting that in my replacement support request I was told I will need to wait until we hear from Acer.

... a bit confused by that remark.
Why not request a refund?
Any reputable supplier would never refuse under these conditions.
If they do... and you paid over £100 for anything on credit card... and there was a refusal to refund over this fiasco, just claim against your CC. Just send them a copy of your emails and invoice. Its as simple as that.

Personally, mine went back same day on launch weekend. It was pixel perfect, no dirt specks and looked stunning in every Gsync game I tried. I just couldn't live with the yellow 'radiation' in the bottom right corner, creeping further towards the middle in every loading screen, dark scene and black background. As if calling it IPS GLOW was a valid excuse. Whatever next? 'Predator Vision'. My last monitor was an IPS costing 1/4 of the price of this one and was solid black.

I will buy another because it is still the best looking gaming monitor I have seen since CRT. But I will wait it out a month as I couldn't be certain that the first few of the new batch will not be touched up returns. I hope Acer prove me wrong because they could still pull this off.

Associate
I need a good 1440p gaming monitor to go with my 980 Ti, should I avoid the Acer? Not fussed on looks, it's the panel quality I want.

I would hold off for the Asus, but that could be months away. I was going for the ROG Swift TN but is the IPS that much better?

Need to be sure due to the money involved!

Associate
I need a good 1440p gaming monitor to go with my 980 Ti, should I avoid the Acer? Not fussed on looks, it's the panel quality I want.

I would hold off for the Asus, but that could be months away. I was going for the ROG Swift TN but is the IPS that much better?

Need to be sure due to the money involved!

If you get lucky then Acer is good. Do you like to play lucky games?

IPS vs TN: Being my first IPS, yes the difference is huge. I realized how everything was blue with my previous monitor. Like literally..it was like I applied a blue filter on top of the image.

Associate
If you get lucky then Acer is good. Do you like to play lucky games?

IPS vs TN: Being my first IPS, yes the difference is huge. I realized how everything was blue with my previous monitor. Like literally..it was like I applied a blue filter on top of the image.

Might take a risk. OCUK have 10+ in stock, another supplier has a delivery incoming on the 26th of June. Might be less risky if it's a newer batch. The options are limited!

Associate
Well looks like Acer are hoping this will just blow over without having to deliver on their promises. Had no contact from Acer and they are almost a month past due on this mythical new batch. Won't ever be buying an Acer product again.

Caporegime
It might not bother you visibly to the naked eye but the phone has highlighted how bad these screens are.

For such an expensive monitor the bottom right corner should not be like that.

That is awful and it amazes me how some people find that acceptable on a screen.

Maybe i am too fussy

Associate
Has anyone had any update at all around these monitors, had a generic email fro Acer saying as no contact over the last X amount of days my customer service notes have been closed. I emailed them back stating this is not the case.... Hopefully hear back early next week.

Associate
Has anyone had any update at all around these monitors, had a generic email fro Acer saying as no contact over the last X amount of days my customer service notes have been closed. I emailed them back stating this is not the case.... Hopefully hear back early next week.

Heard absolutely nothing...OCUK you need to sort this as Acer clearly don't give a crap.

Back
Top Bottom