Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
anybody got any good news on this product? nope thought not.. in hindsight its a cheap ips panel that failed factory quality checks and was peddled off without any respect for the customers or its agents namely ocuk (the good guys) .. now im even more paranoid thinking about new monitors.. over the internet.

p.s. by cheap i mean for what its meant to be ie i would have brought this 144hz panel for £900/1000+ if the damn thing lived up to the hype. (coming from a guy who brought his £800 Dell 2405 back in 2005) 10 years ago!

Last edited:
Soldato
Curious its gone all quite but not surprising in the slightest considering its Acer.

OCUK really should consider pulling the Acer range till they sort out their customer service and quality control. Acer tell OCUK they are dedicated in sorting these problems out then leave their customers high and dry. Get writing to Watchdog !

Associate
Does anybody know how to tell the build date on these ?

Ive seen Anecdotal evidence on another forum that May built ones that are turning up now seem to be of much better quality ( plus also run ULMB at 120hz )

Can it be seen on the packaging or on the monitor itself ?

Soldato
Does anyone at all have a panel without red and silver glow? Or with no backlight bleed?

Just wondering if it is actually possible to get these monitors with no BLB and low amounts of the red glow. Some angles the glow is silver and some it is red. other than that these are nice screens... the contrast and color is very nice for IPS. But the red glow and BLB ergh.... mainly red glow in bottom right and BLB in top left...

is it possible to get these panels without a red glow in the bottom right (on dark images with not much light in room at night it is very obvious on this one) or do they all have it? it is very noticable on dark or black scenes when it is dark except for my lamp.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone at all have a panel without red and silver glow? Or with no backlight bleed?

Just wondering if it is actually possible to get these monitors with no BLB and low amounts of the red glow. Some angles the glow is silver and some it is red. other than that these are nice screens... the contrast and color is very nice for IPS. But the red glow and BLB ergh.... mainly red glow in bottom right and BLB in top left...

is it possible to get these panels without a red glow in the bottom right (on dark images with not much light in room at night it is very obvious on this one) or do they all have it? it is very noticable on dark or black scenes when it is dark except for my lamp.

My screen has no red or any other colour type glow. No dead or stuck pixels and ever such a small amount of light bleed from near the power button but this has faded over the last 3 weeks and is now hardly noticeable.
This screen is a big risk but I think if you get a good one it is an absolute cracker of a gaming screen.

Soldato
Does anybody know how to tell the build date on these ?

Ive seen Anecdotal evidence on another forum that May built ones that are turning up now seem to be of much better quality ( plus also run ULMB at 120hz )

Can it be seen on the packaging or on the monitor itself ?

Its also on a sticker on the back of the monitor.

Has anyone had any update at all around these monitors, had a generic email fro Acer saying as no contact over the last X amount of days my customer service notes have been closed. I emailed them back stating this is not the case.... Hopefully hear back early next week.

email is a waste of time they do not answer emails. The best you can do is Live Chat this is the only way you get a smidgeon of a response and you can record the conversation.

Just when you think this model has enough faults along comes a new one. Really guys you NEED TO KICK UP A FUSS now. There is NO point on sitting on this believe me I know from experience you need to rattle their cage and rattle it hard. I suggest you all do it as many voices makes one LOUD voice.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not sitting on it, I contacted OCuK again today who have advised me to contact Acer directly.

I have sent an email off to the escalation team and if I don't get a reply by the COP tomorrow I will be RMA'ing for a refund.

It's got to the point I'm getting angry every time I look at the monitor.

For anyone thinking of buying this monitor, do yourself a favour and get something else.

Soldato
OCUK wont touch this. Emails are no good Acer dont reply to them. Do a Live chat or ring them.
Guarantee you wont get a reply by email. All this blowing and fluffing Acer and OCUK did at the start of this fiasco promising this and that is now vapour.
OCUK dont believe there is a problem and Acer have turned tail yet again.

Associate
I'm baffled by the recent £50 OCUK price increase along with how the customer reviews on the OCUK product page manage to give it an average of 4.5 stars out of 5 :eek:

Soldato
@OCUK... why are you selling this? You must recognise the damage it's doing to your reputation? You need to tell Acer to stick it where the sun don't shine if they can't manufacture a quality product, nevermind offer decent customer care after the fact. I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole after all I've read. Epic disaster of a monitor.

Associate
I'm not sitting on it, I contacted OCuK again today who have advised me to contact Acer directly.

I have sent an email off to the escalation team and if I don't get a reply by the COP tomorrow I will be RMA'ing for a refund.

It's got to the point I'm getting angry every time I look at the monitor.

For anyone thinking of buying this monitor, do yourself a favour and get something else.

I'm at the same point, the question is now after all the promises will we get a refund?

Associate
Not a great first post, however if it helps anyone I purchased a monitor last Friday, got it delivered and it's got the same issue, excessive bleed/glow or whatever it is in the bottom right hand corner, the build date is Mar2015. There's a glow on every corner which I deem to be acceptable/not too distracting but playing a day/night cycle game makes playing unbearable in the dark with the bottom right.

Have contacted OCUK to get the Acer swapout service, I was also told to contact acer direct and got nowhere, the guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about and said they didn't offer a swapout service. I then went back to OCUK but was told they had no other contact info/point of contacts at Acer and that I could RMA the monitor back to them or keep ringing Acer untill I get someone that knows about this deal...

Soldato
Not a great first post, however if it helps anyone I purchased a monitor last Friday, got it delivered and it's got the same issue, excessive bleed/glow or whatever it is in the bottom right hand corner, the build date is Mar2015. There's a glow on every corner which I deem to be acceptable/not too distracting but playing a day/night cycle game makes playing unbearable in the dark with the bottom right.

Have contacted OCUK to get the Acer swapout service, I was also told to contact acer direct and got nowhere, the guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about and said they didn't offer a swapout service. I then went back to OCUK but was told they had no other contact info/point of contacts at Acer and that I could RMA the monitor back to them or keep ringing Acer untill I get someone that knows about this deal...

Unfortunately it looks like OCuK have abandoned us and left us to Acers terrible customer service :(

At OCUK customer is King.

Back
Top Bottom