Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
They made a big shout about all the efforts Acer were making etc, then when the replacements don't turn up it's like...meh don't bother us with your troubles.

Associate
They made a big shout about all the efforts Acer were making etc, then when the replacements don't turn up it's like...meh don't bother us with your troubles.

I'm with you on this, was asked to contact Acer again, they didn't seem to know anything about it even though i gave them the incident number that covers all correspondence that i had with Mark. The issue has been raised as a new job to the incident team for further investigation..................

Wondering how far i'll get with trading standards, i have the emails with Mark from Acer admitting the fault and that the new batch would rectify. I just want a refund now as it's been to long waiting with an information black hole and broken promises from OCUK and Acer.

I was under the impression that OCUK would help sort any refunds if Acer did not hold up there end of the bargain of a replacement from the new batch. Or so the email from Acer lead me to believe.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I see this is £740 now. Did they fix it and make it great?

edit: nm, I just read the last couple of pages. WTF with the price?

Last edited:
Soldato
I see this is £740 now. Did they fix it and make it great?

edit: nm, I just read the last couple of pages. WTF with the price?

Maybe it's their subtle way of discouraging people from buying it. Because really no one should in the state many of them are in.

Associate
Just got this,

Hi Michael
The latest update the product management team gave me last Friday was the new stock should be with the distributors by the end of this week or next.
As soon as I know for sure I will be in contact with you.

We will only look to replace at the moment. We would only look to refund if the new stock is no different.

Regards
Mark
Acer Escalation Team

Associate
I didn't get that part in my email. Only mentioned when the new stock would be here and they would contact me for a replacement. If it's no better then yes I would expect a refund.

My fault for saying the same email, should have said similar email.

Associate
You guys are lucky to have even an email :)

I'm on the swap out list as far as I know...but have not had any contact from Acer at all.

If they intend to wait until the swap is about to happen and then let me know then that's fine... however I would have expected at least 1 email by now.

Only contact I've had is through the OC CS board.

Associate
Not a great first post, however if it helps anyone I purchased a monitor last Friday, got it delivered and it's got the same issue, excessive bleed/glow or whatever it is in the bottom right hand corner, the build date is Mar2015. There's a glow on every corner which I deem to be acceptable/not too distracting but playing a day/night cycle game makes playing unbearable in the dark with the bottom right.

Have contacted OCUK to get the Acer swapout service, I was also told to contact acer direct and got nowhere, the guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about and said they didn't offer a swapout service. I then went back to OCUK but was told they had no other contact info/point of contacts at Acer and that I could RMA the monitor back to them or keep ringing Acer untill I get someone that knows about this deal...

Following on from the above, I decided to message Bailey on this forum as he seems to have had experience with this one, he very quickly replied and submitted my details onto Acer to carry out the swap, it's a shame that no one in the returns department could do this as it would have saved me a lot of time. Have already had a reply from Mark at Acer advising "The new stock is due in the next 1-2 weeks although this is not guaranteed at the moment".

Not sure whether to ride it out and hope for the best or just return it and be done with it :( Aside from this problem the monitor is awesome, that's why it's so frustrating. GL all.

Associate
I see another retailer who has the shipment stated as the 26th has updated today to say 8th July....

I had this on my shortlist ( despite the problems hoping the new stock would be better ) but it just never seems to materialise.

So ROG swift or Samsung S34E790C I think it will be.

Associate
I see another retailer who has the shipment stated as the 26th has updated today to say 8th July....

I had this on my shortlist ( despite the problems hoping the new stock would be better ) but it just never seems to materialise.

So ROG swift or Samsung S34E790C I think it will be.

Same here, was set to buy the Acer, then the date changed again, and I'm not ordering it from here. I have ordered the ROG Swift now instead.

Associate
Hi guys first time poster long time lurker. I NEED (Want) to buy a monitor today for delivery tomorrow and I can’t decide between the ROG Swift and the Predator especially after reading about the quality issues with both.

I’ve never actually purchased something from OCUK as whenever I’ve bought anything in the last few years (2 GPU’s, a monitor, 2 SSD’s etc) they always seem to be more expensive but I’d assumed as it appears so popular that the customer service would justify the price, however after reading the comments here I’m not so sure about that?

The last monitor I bought (from a different site an Iiyama ProLite XB2779QS-S1) had some dead pixels but after speaking to the sales rep I arranged an exchange within a week am I correct in thinking that OCUK’s stance with the defective models has been not our problem speak to Acer?

I’m aware that the predator on here is seriously over priced at the moment but as I said I want a monitor for tomorrow so I’m prepared to pay the extra if I have to but ideally I’d like to get one without issues which I gather for both is abit of a lottery at the moment. I can get the Swift for £160 less than the Acer (not from here) and the Iiyama I currently have is IPS so if the ROG is clearly better for gaming I could always use the Iiyama for multimedia etc if needs be especially as when it’s in its new position the reflections from the glossy screen shouldn’t be anywhere near as bad

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Associate
at this point can anybody tell me if there is any ips panel that doesnt suffer with severe levels of ips glow and back light bleed?

there only good for bright images in a well light showroom

in my opinion it doesnt matter what brand all ips panels suck donkey with any grey/black level :(

Associate
Hi guys first time poster long time lurker. I NEED (Want) to buy a monitor today for delivery tomorrow and I can’t decide between the ROG Swift and the Predator especially after reading about the quality issues with both.

I’ve never actually purchased something from OCUK as whenever I’ve bought anything in the last few years (2 GPU’s, a monitor, 2 SSD’s etc) they always seem to be more expensive but I’d assumed as it appears so popular that the customer service would justify the price, however after reading the comments here I’m not so sure about that?

The last monitor I bought (from a different site an Iiyama ProLite XB2779QS-S1) had some dead pixels but after speaking to the sales rep I arranged an exchange within a week am I correct in thinking that OCUK’s stance with the defective models has been not our problem speak to Acer?

I’m aware that the predator on here is seriously over priced at the moment but as I said I want a monitor for tomorrow so I’m prepared to pay the extra if I have to but ideally I’d like to get one without issues which I gather for both is abit of a lottery at the moment. I can get the Swift for £160 less than the Acer (not from here) and the Iiyama I currently have is IPS so if the ROG is clearly better for gaming I could always use the Iiyama for multimedia etc if needs be especially as when it’s in its new position the reflections from the glossy screen shouldn’t be anywhere near as bad

Thanks

Mark

I just don't think it's worth gambling £700 on the Acer. If you really must get one today I'd go for the Rog swift. Saying that I would wait to see if acer can fix the problems with this one, or wait to see what the Asus 1440p ips turns out like.

Associate

Thanks

Mark

Don't buy this monitor.

Back
Top Bottom