Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Don't buy this monitor.

In all fairness the rog doesn't seem to have much better quality control, a few have gone through multiple screens trying to get a good one and they tend to be refurbed..

If Acer pull through with the new batch with better quality I would put it above the Rog swift.

Also doesn't the upcoming Asus ips monitor use the same panel so likely to have the same issues?

In all fairness the rog doesn't seem to have much better quality control, a few have gone through multiple screens trying to get a good one and they tend to be refurbed..

If Acer pull through with the new batch with better quality I would put it above the Rog swift.

Also doesn't the upcoming Asus ips monitor use the same panel so likely to have the same issues?
Yes, the Asus will be using the same panel, and it could indeed suffer from the same issues if Asus don't QC properly. Their track record with the orginal Rog Swift isn't great as you say. We shall I see suppose. There's not even any word on the release date of the Asus yet, so it may be some time off anyway.

I've had pretty regular responses from Mark at Acer to be fair, but the message is nearly always "in the next two weeks, hopefully" or words to that effect - and they have been saying that for the last six weeks.

I asked about the apparent availability of 'new' stock in my latest email to him, response is as follows:

UagKGmJ.jpg

Has everyone got there money back on this or are you all still waiting for the replacements to come??

If your still waiting OMG what are you doing? OC have your money and what do you have?

I can't say I'm surprised that Acer still haven't..well done anything. I have just chased OCUK again and been asked to contact Acer, wonder what bs they'll give as an excuse now.

Got in touch with them again today, and from the reply, and I quote:

"All the new models are now complete and they are in the process of being shipped to our distributor Exertis.

I have contacted my account manager at Exertis and he will advise once they have received them and then he will ship them to my office so the replacements can be processed.

This should be any day now really hopefully.
"

So, maybe soon....?

Got in touch with them again today, and from the reply, and I quote:

"All the new models are now complete and they are in the process of being shipped to our distributor Exertis.

I have contacted my account manager at Exertis and he will advise once they have received them and then he will ship them to my office so the replacements can be processed.

This should be any day now really hopefully.
"

So, maybe soon....?

Did you get that response from Mark from the Acer Escalation Team?

Back
Top Bottom