Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Here's hoping the replacements from Acer Escalation Team are from the newest batches to date because
the June 2015 builds are supposedly very good quality. I think the new stock from the Acer Escalation
Team should be of a June 2015 or even July 2015 batch.

Since they have came straight from the Acer manufacturers to the distributor than the new
stock should be of an up to date batch.

Last edited:
Acer offered me a refund which I nearly took, but now that the new monitors are in, Mark ordered one for me which should arrive Monday/Tuesday.

I won't be able to test until Friday but will report how this monitor is then, here's hoping these new one's are up to standard.

Well if the replacement from this new stock is not greatly improved and suffers less issues with backlight bleed and dead or stuck pixels then I will definitely be arranging a refund.

So here is a weird issue I am having with this monitor. If I have GSYNC enabled and I watch netflix then the video starts lags more and more until the video freezes completely. Audio keeps playing. The only way to exit is alt+f4.

That happens with windows 10 netflix app. I didn't have any issues with windows 7 using netflix on google chrome.

The fix to that is to disable GSYNC...so you can watch netflix.

I thought i had the perfect monitor after 2 returns for the usual reasons. No BLB or dead/stuck pixels to be seen then today 7 bloody pixels die together not to far from the middle... absolutely gutted

http://imgur.com/TcNAhVp

Last edited:
So here is a weird issue I am having with this monitor. If I have GSYNC enabled and I watch netflix then the video starts lags more and more until the video freezes completely. Audio keeps playing. The only way to exit is alt+f4.

That happens with windows 10 netflix app. I didn't have any issues with windows 7 using netflix on google chrome.

The fix to that is to disable GSYNC...so you can watch netflix.

Am guessing all things W10 are gonna be bumpy going until a few bugs are ironed out TBH.

That looks more like a foreign object to me than stuck/dead pixels. But if it wasn't there before that is odd.
Yeah i did have my suspicions that it didn't look right so i gently massaged the area and something very strange happened, it appeared to change shape and now its a completely different mark altogether. What is going on with these panels?? I would assume there sealed units so i'm stumped how this happened :confused:

http://imgur.com/rfUJU2H

Yeah i did have my suspicions that it didn't look right so i gently massaged the area and something very strange happened, it appeared to change shape and now its a completely different mark altogether. What is going on with these panels?? I would assume there sealed units so i'm stumped how this happened :confused:

http://imgur.com/rfUJU2H

It was a bug - massaging area - bug splattered into three pieces :)

It was a bug - massaging area - bug splattered into three pieces :)

lol its possible its a bug or something organic i guess as its broken up but how would get in between the AG coating and panel? I thought it would fit flush to each other? Do people tend to have bugs crawl in there screens or is this one of Acer's special features??? Would explain why these monitors have excessive BLB if anything can crawl in and out lol :p

lol its possible its a bug or something organic i guess as its broken up but how would get in between the AG coating and panel? I thought it would fit flush to each other? Do people tend to have bugs crawl in there screens or is this one of Acer's special features??? Would explain why these monitors have excessive BLB if anything can crawl in and out lol :p

No way did that get in there after the panel was built. That is just physically impossible as far as I'm aware, especially being so new. Thunderflies yes, but something bigger I just don't see how that can get in there. It may be too late if you've 'squashed' it, but try tapping around it, see if that dislodges it.

Yeah some monitors they could not afford to include dead/stuck pixels so they chucked a bug in there before sealing it. They then slapped a patent on it for the first ever moving stuck pixel.... :D

Having a gap for bugs isn't a Acer exclusive feature unfortunately, twice I've seen what I can only assume is a dust mite crawl between the screen of my monitor, fortunately it crawled back out again. They really need to get rid of gaps like that on display's and fortunately they are heading that way.

Well I have just received my replacement from the Acer Escalation Team and I haven`t opened it but it seems to be Of a March 2015 build version.

I am not happy at all about the fact that even the Acer Escalation Team themselves are not giving customers newest build versions.

By the sounds of it this might be QC but they are certainly not the improved build versions.

This replacement shouldn't suffer from bad backlight bleed or dead or stuck pixels if it has been QC as promised.

I will let you guys know once I have checked the screen but it doesn't look good considering it is of a old batch.

Yes, please let us know how your replacement turns out. If these turn out just as bad, that's nothing short of appalling. If that happens and I were OCUK, I'd be refusing to sell any of their monitors until Acer properly sort this out. It makes me concerned about their upcoming XR34 which I am considering... if they think people are going to accept what virtually amounts to fraud in terms of taking a customers money and providing a sub-standard product on the £700 XB270HU, nevermind the £1000 XR34... they have no idea how big a ****storm is coming their way... and OCUK will be right in the firing line being the re-seller.

Back
Top Bottom