Adam Johnson - The Results Show

Man of Honour
Are people forgetting that 1. This was a 15 year old not a 5 year old and 2. He didn't even have sex with her.

6 is sufficient.

Don't be silly a pedo is a pedo therefore he should be treated the same as those ones who abuse babies or multiple children over decades or any of the other really twisted ones you can think of.

A friend of mine made a valid point about this when it came up on the news, she makes no bones about the fact in her younger years she wasn't exactly an innocent little flower and her thoughts are even when she was 15 so the best part of 20 years ago 15 yr old girls including her weren't exactly all sweetness and light and knew exactly what they were doing.
This is even more magnified these days with media and social networking and how easy it is to completely destroy the life of someone whose done nothing wrong with nothing more than a rumour.

Yes he was a complete plank and knew what he was doing was going to land him in hot water one way or another, but he's not exactly pedo child abuser No.1 is he. While at the same time she probably isn't the naive star struck child she'll have been told to paint.

10 years is handed out to people who have killed others in our weird and wonderfully random sentencing system, I'm not sure why anyone was expecting that sort of sentence.

Harris was handed a jail term of five years and nine months last year for a string of sex attacks on girls as young as seven
Old Rolf got an even shorter sentence for what I'm sure everyone would agree were much worse charges.

Plenty of non famous female teachers have got nothing more than a tickle on the wrist for sleeping with pupils multiple times.

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe Harris got a lighter sentence because of the timing of his offenses (in that they were committed at a time of a much lower sentencing tariff). IIRC the judge said he would have had a much longer term without this limitation.

Soldato
Don't be silly a pedo is a pedo therefore he should be treated the same as those ones who abuse babies or multiple children over decades or any of the other really twisted ones you can think of.

A friend of mine made a valid point about this when it came up on the news, she makes no bones about the fact in her younger years she wasn't exactly an innocent little flower and her thoughts are even when she was 15 so the best part of 20 years ago 15 yr old girls including her weren't exactly all sweetness and light and knew exactly what they were doing.
This is even more magnified these days with media and social networking and how easy it is to completely destroy the life of someone whose done nothing wrong with nothing more than a rumour.

Yes he was a complete plank and knew what he was doing was going to land him in hot water one way or another, but he's not exactly pedo child abuser No.1 is he. While at the same time she probably isn't the naive star struck child she'll have been told to paint.

10 years is handed out to people who have killed others in our weird and wonderfully random sentencing system, I'm not sure why anyone was expecting that sort of sentence.
Actually if you have a read one of the things that came out of this court case was confirmation that he is NOT a pedo at all. Paedophilia is a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. The psychiatrist confirmed he has no attraction to children.

Man of Honour
Actually if you have a read one of the things that came out of this court case was confirmation that he is NOT a pedo at all. Paedophilia is a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. The psychiatrist confirmed he has no attraction to children.

If you'd read the whole of my post I think you'd see that the opening bit in reply to your post was rather tongue in cheek.

Caporegime
I read that the victim suffered "severe psychological harm" due to his original plea of not guilty. This apparently meant people thought she was a liar and bullied her for it. I thought her name was never published?

Caporegime
Ah fair enough.

6 years though. Caroline Berriman groomed and had sex with her 15 year old pupil ~50 times and gets a two year suspended sentence and community service. Love a bit of consistency...

Man of Honour
I read that the victim suffered "severe psychological harm" due to his original plea of not guilty. This apparently meant people thought she was a liar and bullied her for it. I thought her name was never published?

Which was probably taken into consideration during the trial and sentencing,
yet those who make false allegations and completely ruin the life of the accused can usually walk away scott free.

It's a strange world we live in.

Man of Honour
It makes no difference if she was 1 or 15, she's still under age, the pedo deserves everything he has coming to him.

Really? You cannot see any difference in those offences at all that may affect the sentence given?

For a start one has the possibility to actually make him a paedophile, the other does not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom