Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
OP
Unsure exactly, he was probably 68-70kg then, he's not obscenely slim, but has very little upper body.

As comparison the lad that finished 2nd in the TT we mention above is that weight of your mate and done 20:30 off 10-15w more. How much is course/conditions/aero disadvantaged in the comparison is any man's guess!

Soldato
How much is course/conditions/aero disadvantaged in the comparison is any man's guess!

I wondered the same last year when a club member posted the same avg power as the men's winner (and granted TT vs Road bike, 500ft over the course with 2 small climbs and long drags and probably not a significant weight difference between them) but was 3 minutes slower on a 10.

Soldato
Bambino Pro - £205 on ACycles, 3% off with 'welcome3' (first order only), and 5.5% Quidco on top.

All sizes/colours in stock.

Soldato
My club mate measured 5 or 6w I think over the bioracer trip suit, and 9.5 better than the castelli. Not cheap but apart from the trip socks probably the best bang for buck you'll get.

I'm waiting for my friend to come back from nz but may be able to assist in getting some discount.

Soldato
Im not gonna lie I cba to read it all but I always thought my gp4000s rode fastest and didn't sacrifice grip. The quick graphs seemed to mirror this if I'm looking correctly?

Soldato
Im not gonna lie I cba to read it all but I always thought my gp4000s rode fastest and didn't sacrifice grip. The quick graphs seemed to mirror this if I'm looking correctly?

Cliffs: Chart below accounts for both rolling resistance & drag. 2 seconds in it between the 23/25mm GP4000Sii. Note: this is per individual tyre

From memory on the podcast they told the story of one athlete chosing Gatorskins for his Ironman through fear of puncturing... lost it by something like 4 minutes? so without going full derp on tyre choice he'd have won with 2 to 3 minutes clear :p

They aren't long articles ;)

C4ib7Es.png

Back
Top Bottom