Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
Thanks for the data link
I'm running GP4000 S II's on my Aeroad - 23mm front and 25mm rear.

I've seen quite a few people on TTF seem to favour a slightly wider rear, what's the basis for this? Surely it can't be aerodynamics, unless your rear rim/disc is wider than the front? Is it for handling (wider yet shorter contact patch) and lower RR? or for comfort?

Will be ordering some GP4000Sii's myself shortly and was going to go with 23's front & rear (404/808)

Soldato
Generally the rear wheel isn't so affected in the rear due to the frame being in the way, so you don't have to worry about tyre bulge or anything, so best to run a bigger tyre to minimise any gap between frame and tyre and have a smooth flow that way, also can run wider for more comfort and handling benefits.

Soldato
I've seen quite a few people on TTF seem to favour a slightly wider rear, what's the basis for this? Surely it can't be aerodynamics, unless your rear rim/disc is wider than the front? Is it for handling (wider yet shorter contact patch) and lower RR? or for comfort?

Will be ordering some GP4000Sii's myself shortly and was going to go with 23's front & rear (404/808)
I'm guessing the reason Canyon spec it that way is for improved aero

Soldato
OP
TripSocks banned here.
TripSuits would be cool but we HAVE to wear club colours now and my club uses BioRacer.

My coach has setup a race team and all their kit is NoPinz. What is the deal with second claiming to another team?
Or will NoPinz entertain doing a tiny run of skinsuits if club kit design was given to them?

Soldato
nopinz will make whatever you want, but you'll have to pay them. We had a minimum order of 5 tripsuits in club colours, but if you're willing to pay they'd do one, think the design work is something like 150, but then once done it's done.

They're sponsoring our club open tomorrow, we've got some good ties with them.

Soldato
OP
nopinz will make whatever you want, but you'll have to pay them. We had a minimum order of 5 tripsuits in club colours, but if you're willing to pay they'd do one, think the design work is something like 150, but then once done it's done.

They're sponsoring our club open tomorrow, we've got some good ties with them.

£280 which includes design fee's for custom TripSuit. Not as bad as I thought actually. Proper tempted!

Soldato
That's very reasonable, think they're doing more and more one offs. One thing I'd say is request them to go darker on the colours, as with the tripsuits when they stretch they really fade out. We've got our club colours much better now.

Soldato
What is the deal with second claiming to another team?
You can join another club as a second claim member and that lets you ride any of their club-confined events. You can only race for 1 club per season on BC races. I think you could race for different clubs under CTT and BC races.

Soldato
One of the lucky ones, delivery actually ahead of schedule :eek: Plonked the wheels & chainset on during the week and had a spin yesterday, found some time to change the mech's yesterday evening.

XoTFJ27h.jpg

Doesn't feel wonderful in cross winds but might as well hoist the main sail :p Di2 next year... (read: when I get impatient)

Soldato
Hopefully I'm not a total snail on it and can do it some justice :p

I didn't actually see the anthracite/white in the flesh and hadn't noticed on the site it's shown as grey/white because it looks black online but it's grown on me. The CF-SLX is black but that's a huge expense for a slightly different colour! (and some other revisions...)

Soldato
Finally got a decent front wheel sorted for my P5. Tried a trispoke which I didn't really get on with. Switched to a Hed Jet 9 plus now, which has apparently been tested at 10w faster than anything else with corsa speed tyres. Racing E2/25 on Saturday which should be fast, then got a couple of local 10s coming up.

Also booked up for an aerocoach session June 6th, so hoping there's plenty of low hanging CDA fruit available there!

Soldato
OP
You going to run Corsa Speed 23mm on that Thomas?
Aerocoach session will be cool. Great to see how you get on :)

I haven't got a rear wheel sorted. Possibly might have my hands on a 808 front tomorrow, think I'll run CS 23mm's can get them at a decent price on CRC.

Soldato
Interested to hear how your Aerocoach session goes. The first loop of the E2/12 covers a lot of similar roads to the E2/25 and E2/10 I believe. I knocked off the first 100 miles that day in under 4.5 hours for 168w so safe to say they're quick roads! I'm definitely interested to race the 10 or 25 there at some point, it's just a long drive from Manchester.

I rode the R25/3H in Wales on Sunday for the first time. Really good course and still came away with 52:18 (PB!) despite it being a slow day. It beats riding some of the busier DC courses definitely - the road surface is generally very good and traffic is light.

Soldato
H10/22 for me today, managed 19:55, my first sub 20. Season aim was a short 20 so very pleased to have achieved that so soon in the year. Was not ideal conditions 7th rider off at 5 degrees celsius. So hopefully once my position is sorted a little more, and I've found some more watts I can go faster.

Back
Top Bottom