Aion0004.jpg

Shayke's bug

Aion0008.jpg

Random View of the mines

Aion0011.jpg

Noooooo!! Tutty!!!

Aion0012.jpg

Hahaha, how weird!
Even when I activated the minor shard the glowing effect was on the weapon only, and gone after a second.

I didn't actually took any screenshots, maybe just a few by chance using the built in screenshots menu - I will set fraps later on and see what I can do.

Last edited:
Level 10!
Got my wings, picked a class (Gladiator), and am now a Daeva.
The current beta is limited to level 10, so i will be testing out the other classes now, or might mess with the crafting system instead.
What an epic game!!!!! truly excited :)

aion0044.jpg

I take back what i said a few pages back. Enjoying the game a lot more now got a level 17 spiritmaster, 13 Chanter and 11 Gladiator. Out of them the spiritmaster seems to be more fun for me. This is on the chinese servers.

Last edited:
I take back what i said a few pages back. Enjoying the game a lot more now got a level 17 spiritmaster, 13 Chanter and 11 Gladiator. Out of them the spiritmaster seems to be more fun for me. This is on the chinese servers.

My friend has a spiritmaster .. hes untouchable @ pvp

Thanks for the screenshots guys. It really does look pretty good! Can't wait until I get my pre-order key ready for round #3 of the closed beta :)

Hmmm, not quite sure about this game. It looks great and everything, but it is very very Asian. I don't mean that in a negative way, I know some people like that kind of thing, but I've always prefered a more western style game. Give me dragons, dwarfs, barbarians etc and I love it, but this game has the typical weird looking critters you get in Asion MMO's, fluffy creatures with big eyes, humanised creatures such as talking ferrets etc.

For all the things I've read about how NCSoft were going all out to make this much more friendly for the Western audience I'm also very dissapointed to find you can't invert the mouse. I invert my mouse for all games so this is really frustrating. It's like asking someone who is right handed to play left handed.

As for the game itself, it really is difficult to judge an mmo on the first 10 levels of a beta, but my initial reaction is that while it looks fantastic it really doesn't bring anything new to the table, combat feels a bit stale as well so far, very generic quests and abilities etc. Luckily I'm getting the game + 30 days free thanks to being a Tabula Rasa subscriber when that went belly up, this was NCSofts way of saying sorry to the TR fans, right now I'm not sure if I actually think TR was the better game. Overal I'm left feeling a bit dissapointed with it, but who knows, if they can sort out the controls and if the game picks up after level 10 it might just be ok. I suspect this is going to be huge in the East, but only end up with a niche market in the West.

I have to agree that the Game is very Asian. It's difficult for NCSoft to aim this at Western audiences as well just because of the graphical and mythology style they have gone for. They have tried to add the more darker brutal classes but they are same as the do gooders apart from they have a grubby homeland. I think they have tried to hit the Western gamers with the way gameplay is as its much faster paced and smoother gameplay compared to Lineage II.

I'm really enjoying the game but I think that's mainly because I'm in love with the art style along with the animations etc, I'm not a huge MMO player so I can't compare it to WoW etc. But the games I have played (mainly free ones Rappelz etc) this just feels really solid and weel thought out. They aren't trying too much new (first 10 lvls) but flying is great fun along with cutscenes which is a first that I have seen in a MMO.

Overall really enjoying it so have some pics:

Aion0038.jpg

Aion0041.jpg

Aion0045.jpg

Aion0046.jpg

Aion0050.jpg

Aion0052.jpg

Aion0055.jpg

Aion0027.jpg

Aion0024.jpg

Last edited:
Press F12 :)

Also I zoomed right in on most of them so they are First Person.

Have you stopped playing now Shaye? There is so much more to see once you are lvl 10!!

I'm loving this game. I can safely say it's the most visually stunning MMO I've played. You can tell that an incredible amount of work has gone into the environments, characters and animations, etc. The overall design works well imo. Although it's very Asian there's definitely Western influence in certain areas of the game. The overall experience is also very polished. There's still a few localisation issues but I have no doubt they'll be ironed out before release.

It's difficult to comment that much on the combat because of the current lvl 10 cap in the beta, but so far it seems solid. I like how the chain abilities work(like combos). They make the combat more involving and fun. I can see them having a large impact on the tactical side of combat later in the game. It's also possible to fight while flying. You can heal, cast spells etc, and even melee. Will be interesting to see how they work it into some of the quests later on.

Other small touches I like:
The way the skills work when levelling up. I.e. Being able to buy the skill manuals in advance saves you having to travel back to the class trainer when you level up. You can just click the manual in your bags to learn the new skill.

The Private Stores are also a great idea. You can actualy set up your own private shop/stall anywhere you like. Drag the items you want to sell into the shop list and price them up, then click start and you character pulls up a seat, puts up a big sign and starts to yell like a market trader. Awesome! :)

here's a few screenshots from when I went exploring after hitting level 10:

aion2009062113100990.png

aion2009062113171948.png

aion2009062113212414.png

There are some massive beasts flying around in the sky. The one below was probably directly above that mountain on the left. Wonder if we'll see similar colossus walking around on land later in the game.
35841191.jpg

Another giant of the sky.
aion2009062113340889.png

aion2009062113341325.png

aion2009062113372889.png

aion2009062113381201.png

That's as far as I got on the map before getting Ganked by a group of level 19 mobs, ouch!

Back
Top Bottom