Aion

Aion looks superb and lots of you guys seem to really enjoy it.

Probably going to give it a go soon :) Some of the screenshots look brilliant!

They are some awesome screenies. Anyone know how to increase the view distance etc? I noticed that in the options terrain distance and object distance have their +/- the wrong way round, well at least for me :P

I put it all the way to + and get less yet when at a 100% - it doesn't seem to be that great.

Here is some Interface heavy shots :) It can be edited a fair bit in the options but its fairly clean and well managed by default.

aion0059.jpg

aion0069.jpg

aion0071.jpg

aion0082.jpg

aion0088.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing the beta over the weekend, and I have to say I've been having a great time.
It's an enjoyable, nicely polished, great looking, MMORPG - something that recent MMOs have failed to achieve. I'll definately be playing for at least a few months when it goes live.

I made a quick run around for a friend when I first fired it up. It's nothing exciting, and I screwed the res up when exporting the vid. But it gives an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitfZgxfc2g&fmt=22

I only just got my beta code today from the place I pre-ordered.

So I will be able to play in the next beta. Could anyone let me know when that is please ? The aion website is blocked from work :p

Screenys look awesome at the moment. Cant wait to have a go on this :)

Yeah looks like the place running behind are now processing pre-order keys apparantly the delay was cause by "an issue with the publisher" ahuh ;)

Nothing to do with none of their employee's actually knowing anything about this game ;)

Hopefully for the next beta I'll have a gfx card RMA finished and can actually play, this gfx card kinda died at the title screen lol.

Here's a quick recap so that this info doesn't get lost in the thread...

Aion closed beta schedule

#1 - June 5 - June 7

#2 - June 19 - June 22
Focus: Asmodian levels 1-20

#3 - July 2 - July 6
Focus: Asmodian levels 1-20

#4 - July 17 - July 20
Focus: Elyos and Asmodian levels 1-25

#5 - July 31 - August 3
Focus: TBD

#6 - August 14 - August 17
Focus: TBD

From http://www.aiononline.com/us/news/general_news/closed_beta_schedule_and_news.html

For those that have not pre-ordered yet, get doing so now in order to get access to beta #3 and onwards starting from 2nd July! You will receive the beta key a few days before the next event starts :cool:

Back
Top Bottom