Aion

WoW?
From the screenshots here I can't see anything that resembles wow, especially not the graphics lmao.

Or are you meaning the UI layout?
Wow has hundreds of UIs available no?

I only played WoW briefly but this doesn't feel like wow either, I get a slight feel of guild wars at times but thats about it.

How weer you meaning JBod?

Quick Heads up..

Theres a couple of more server farms being added and in a push to get players on these as of 30/04/09 it appears that it is free to play on these servers for 15days.
This should equal approx 20 new servers.

A few of you seemed interested in playing, if you've not managed to set yourselves up an account and would like to try Aion when/if these servers go live give me a shout and I'll help where I can

Got my Gladiator to 22 now :)

But yes, the graphics do look a lot like wow in ways, there are a lot of nice touches in Aion though too, water effects are good and characters look great. Even low level armour looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Quick Heads up..

Theres a couple of more server farms being added and in a push to get players on these as of 30/04/09 it appears that it is free to play on these servers for 15days.
This should equal approx 20 new servers.

A few of you seemed interested in playing, if you've not managed to set yourselves up an account and would like to try Aion when/if these servers go live give me a shout and I'll help where I can

Essentially a free 15day trial?

It is rather good, I levelled a Warrior (Gladiator) to level 10 tonight, flying is rather cool. I do like the art direction, it's very nice. :3

Looks gorgeous, Skyfall. I'm downloading the Chinese client now - hopefully will be playing retail soon for a bit. I saw the Daeva video and the other couple of vids on chaoticsignal - how did you record them, they're in rather awesome quality!
I used fraps then edited it all in corel videostudio (trial which ends soon, need to buy it). Going to make another video when I get to 25 about chaining skills for those that haven't played yet :)

And good to see you lvled a warrior they're a lot of fun in PVE, just wait till you get more chain skills and then at 20 you get to equip stigma. Dual wielding is v nice. Which server did you roll on?

from what i saw last night it appears that the free/trial servers are up.
my lag in game has been fine for the past few days, currently playin on
central china taranis server.

if anyone needs a hand with anythin gimme a shout on msn/email.

i think weve pretty much decided to play ch retail until its released over here now.
it is good fun pvp seems decent enough too, even tho were low lvl atm 20-25.
i just spent 150k on armour :( wtb dps, damn this tank malarkey lol

So for people here that played Linage 2 you will know what its like to play a koreon MMO in the EU/US. My brother said to me yesterday that this will prolly be a good game, But was worried because its NCsoft that they wont listen to the US/EU community when it comes to suggestions and we will be well behind on patch/fixes etc.

What do you guys think?

So for people here that played Linage 2 you will know what its like to play a koreon MMO in the EU/US. My brother said to me yesterday that this will prolly be a good game, But was worried because its NCsoft that they wont listen to the US/EU community when it comes to suggestions and we will be well behind on patch/fixes etc.

What do you guys think?

I played the Chinese versions over the weekend and wasn’t very impressed. Seem no better then your average free Korean MMO. It was very grindy and slow and I was bored by level 6.

I reckon they are going to have make major tweaks for the EU/US market but not sure they will.

Back
Top Bottom