Aion

Anyone have anything good (or bad) to report on the beta weekend so far? Ive been looking at this game for a long time, since playing CoX so so many years ago when they first put it up on the plaync site. I didnt get into the beta soooooo.... gief uz infoz! And screenshots with the game settings maxed ;)

Played for a few hours tonight and....meh, its alright i guess :)
Its the same old mmorpg formula, not that its a bad thing, it just doesn't seem to even try to do anything new so far, kill x number of x monster in order to collect x number of items for x npc.

It feels like Guild Wars 1.5, UI, combat etc, well, not that far along, maybe 1.2 :)

Last edited:
well most mmo feel bad at beginning levels. try to get more in to the game more lvls tell us how you getting on.

This is true only to the new generation of leet mmo players. Us old style gamers like the whole learning experience and low lvls. I say that without trying to sound like im having a stab at the new 'wow' generation of gamers.

I know someone who has been addicted to wow for years owning like 5 lvl 80s and a bunch of 70s lol.. he played aion, got to level 19 and hes already cancelling his wow subscription :O

Personally I think its a truely amazing game, perfect in pretty much every way

Been giving this ago on the Chinese servers and I just can't seem to get into it :(. Only got a level 8 warrior at the moment and a couple of level 5's. Just doesn't seem that great (to me) but ill keep going till the time runs out. Of course lower levels always seem rubbish, lets hope it gets better.

Originally I dismissed this as another asian grindfest, but there seems to be a few very stalwart supporters around so I may be tempted to give it a try. Unfortunately I found out too late about the beta event this weekend though.

Hopefully they'll be more before it's official release date this coming 'fall'

I had ordered mine and pretty much the whoe guilds when amazon were listing the CE at £29.99 and giving the correct rrp, seems their preorder guarantee is nothing of the sort as they cancelled all of the roders then sent and email giving link to repurchase... with an extra £20 added.

I know a lot of people also had trouble with War preorders from them too.

As of yet still not reordered from anywhere, apparantly a prerder gives access to all "beta" events tho

AFAIK the beta events are being called "sneak peek" events or something by NC.
Couple of friends are currently trying the EU release via preorder afaik I can double check if you like.

As a side note, I played ch retail to about 35 but have since stopped playing until eu release, dont wanna burn out on it before its even released over here.

Main char was a tank but also tried assa which was quite good fun and mage which hits like a truck but def seems REALLY lacking.

Had a play about with some of the crafting ad professions and goddamn it's expensive, also as it stands at the moment on ch retail servers your wings at lvl 30 cost 1mil which is more than Ive ever had at one point.

Im trying to to bias my opinion from just the china retail servers however as theyre a coupla patches behind korea and apparantly eu elease will be at approximatley the same release as current korean client.

Whats the cheapest genuine preorder that ppl have seen for both CE and standard release?

Back
Top Bottom