***Air Fryer recipe, tips and photos thread***

Associate
Cooked this Crusty Bread recipe twice this week, absolutely fantastic bread!

My lord the Americans have some right ninja machines! Smoker, espresso machine... Unfair.

Soldato
I was deep frying some batterered aubergine last night. Is there anyway to do this in the airfryer? I assume not, but you never know! Would be good not to use 3/4 bottle of oil when cooking these types of thigns...

Doing some reading, it looks like breaded/special fish etc (and katsu type stuff) would work but not wet batter. As I thought.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes love this thread. I love the fact it makes knocking out a full english brekkie pretty painless too. Just lob everything in the basket at staggered points and everything comes out delicious and cooked!

Soldato
I was deep frying some batterered aubergine last night. Is there anyway to do this in the airfryer? I assume not, but you never know! Would be good not to use 3/4 bottle of oil when cooking these types of thigns...

Doing some reading, it looks like breaded/special fish etc (and katsu type stuff) would work but not wet batter. As I thought.
I would have thought you'd have to bread it rather than batter it like you say. I have seen some sites say they have been able to wet batter stuff in an airfryer but haven't tried it myself.

Soldato
cook some sausages first, remove when done but leave the fat. Add very small roasties shaped potato and add rosemary and sage herbs

I did this the other night and i thought it tasted really good, sausage, potato and beans

Soldato
cook some sausages first, remove when done but leave the fat. Add very small roasties shaped potato and add rosemary and sage herbs

I did this the other night and i thought it tasted really good, sausage, potato and beans

That's one thing I like about doing it this way.

Do chicken and then do the roasts in the fat and the same with steak, but add chips.

Associate
Making sausage rolls later.
Jus-Roll puff pastry, sausage meat mixed with dry uncooked stuffing and an egg to wash.

Using a Ninja AF300 can cook 6 at a time, which is how many you can make with above ingredients, Air Fry 160 10 mins, turn Air Fry 160 7 mins. Then a quick blast on Max Crisp.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking for a lazy use of the air fryer!

Does anyone cook oven chips in their air fryer so they're a bit nicer? How do you adjust the cooking time versus what the package suggests for in the oven?

Caporegime
Looking for a lazy use of the air fryer!

Does anyone cook oven chips in their air fryer so they're a bit nicer? How do you adjust the cooking time versus what the package suggests for in the oven?

Yes, it’s basically a convection oven on Turbo.

Just knock the time off by like 20-25% and shake half way.

Soldato
Just did mushrooms and some vegetarian sausages which both come out good.

Mushrooms cut in quarters sprayed with a little oil @200C for 5 mins.

Sausages @ 180c for 8mins.

Im wondering about bacon, do you guys use any oil on bacon and what temp and time? Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Just did mushrooms and some vegetarian sausages which both come out good.

Mushrooms cut in quarters sprayed with a little oil @200C for 5 mins.

Sausages @ 180c for 8mins.

Im wondering about bacon, do you guys use any oil on bacon and what temp and time? Thanks

I personally never use oil with bacon, it's got enough of its own to start cooking in, but.... Would probably place on some laid out and rolled at the edges silver foil.

Back
Top Bottom