Air fryers

Soldato
Haven’t really tried chips in mine yet either. Have these on my shopping list for the weekend however :D

There's a wild rumour going around some of the more extreme parts of the internet that you can make your own chips from something called "potatoes".

After cutting them up I like to blanch them in boiling water for a bit but that isn't essential. The main thing is to pat them dry and mix them up with a couple of spoonfuls of oil and some salt and pepper/seasoning of your choice. Then 20 minutes in the airfyer preheated to 200C, shake them every 4 or 5 minutes and check how they are cooking. Smaller quantities and/or thinner cut chips will cook quicker. Larger quantities and/or thicker cut chips will cook slower.

But if you can't be bothered with all that, frozen chips do work well in an airfyer. :D

Associate
I wish all air fryers listed how loud they were when in use, I've got an 7+ year old Philips that does all I want it to do, just the only issue with it is that it's always been quite loud

Soldato
What temp and time for Bacon ? (not streaky)

Mine always ends up like shoe leather.

Sounds as though the right temp and time is something less than your current setting then. Try 180C for 10 minutes flipping half way through. Or if that's what you are already doing and the result is overcooked, then adjust accordingly. Remember you can always pop it back in if it's not sufficiently cooked, so it's best to check more frequently if you aren't sure what setting works for your air fryer.

Soldato
I've struggled with bacon also, typically do 180 (after pre-heating) for around 9/10 mins and that's probably too long.

Soldato
I've not tried bacon yet, but on reading the above I instantly thought about wrapping the bacon loosly in silver foil for part and a quick blast to finish.
Could also try the above with a little weight on the foil as when done between baking trays in the oven.
Will have a go this weekend if I get time.

Back
Top Bottom