Air fryers

Caporegime
Soldato
Newer dual models don’t. Manual even says no preheating needed
My Ninja Speedi & health grill both need preheating for best results, and they both automatically preheat before you should put food in (both are current models).
But, hey, if you want to put meat or whatever into a cold air frier then be my guest, but it's quite daft.

Caporegime
My Ninja Speedi & health grill both need preheating for best results, and they both automatically preheat before you should put food in (both are current models).
But, hey, if you want to put meat or whatever into a cold air frier then be my guest, but it's quite daft.
Not done me wrong so far. Why would the manual say it didn’t need preheating if it actually does?

Soldato
Air frying is instant heat in small space I don't notice any difference pre heating or not

Oven takes time to pre heat

Last edited:
Soldato
The fact that an airfryer gets up to temp in around 2 mins (should) make the preheating thing redundant I would think.

That said, I always wait for it to hit the temp before putting food in to it.

By comparison, my fan oven takes 10 mins to reach the same temp.

Soldato
both of those have a hot plate as part of the design if I'm not mistaken. Not the same as simply pumping out hot air which is a lot quicker than heating a grill plate with an element

Last edited:
Soldato
Bacon in foil

I used the Ninja Foodi Max Health Grill (AG551UK)

Bacon was towards life end in fridge and was wrapped with space between rashers and then another layer of silver foil was added and pushed flat, using hand pressure.

SDre9id.jpg

Then placed into preheated (This model preheats) Ninja at 200°C for 10 minutes.

ehaYp9v.jpg

It came out really moist, full of flavour and would be perfect with better cuts of bacon that are fine to eat with the rind not having to be nuked from space.

Back into the Ninja, silver foil open at 200°C for 2m 30s and it came out still full of flavour.

FMbZXFb.jpg

I would say, no more than 4/5 minutes for the nuked finish.

Tested on last nights rice and tom sauce.

ErcAqli.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
… so these are actually really good! Directions on them for different wattages of air fryers too. Very tasty. I always find the crinkle cut hold seasoning better. 9/10
  • Potatoes (89%),
  • Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Sunflower) - varying proportions
We have noticed they seem to make a decent air fryer friendly chip and attribute much of that to be the oil coating each chip.

Soldato
For sure! I tried Sainsbury's be good to yourself chips and they were like sawdust! I threw them out.

Just eat less of the good ones I suppose instead of the low fat carp.

Soldato
For decent chips try Lidl's triple cooked beef dripping chips.
Get the air fryer super hot and spray a little oil onto the basket then chuck them in.
You want the chips to hit a hot surface or they'll just steam at first and may stick and end up not crispy, or worse, they'll start to break up.

Soldato
For decent chips try Lidl's triple cooked beef dripping chips.
Get the air fryer super hot and spray a little oil onto the basket then chuck them in.
You want the chips to hit a hot surface or they'll just steam at first and may stick and end up not crispy, or worse, they'll start to break up.

I had seen a thread before where someone was asking you what chips you had used and they did look amazing.

Beef dripping would be super fattening but that is what gives them the flavour and nom nom nom I guess :D I will try them next!

Back
Top Bottom