Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Soldato
Cuchulain said:
Here's mine, nothing special.

eclipse.jpg

needs more flashing blue neon cold cathodes and fans tbh. :p

Soldato
Have to say Cuchulain, I love the look of that.

Its made me think twice about putting my red tubes back into mine now. Just looks nice and suttle.

Soldato
Cuchulain said:
I'm on that just as soon as I've installed the Glitterball...

LOL :p

Im just stripping my Eclipse down, Removing all that foam :rolleyes: Should get some decent photos very soon after my new bits arrive ;)

Associate
Here's mine

Here's my server machine before I broke the upper cold cathode tube. I took it outside to clean all the dust out, and as I was lifting it off it's side I accidentally gripped where the tube was and snapped it in half. :( Haven't got around to replacing it yet.

server1.jpg

server2.jpg

Soldato
Rebuild

Ok guys, Real sorry for the crap photos. Dam Canon Camera, its never been right.

Heres my new rebuilt C2D Rig...

E6300 @ 3.0Ghz
2Gb of Geil 800 C4 Ram
P5B Deluxe
7900GTO @ 720/830
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
74Gb Raptor

case1zk3.jpg

inside2qv4.jpg

front3zg0.jpg

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Well i've just put it all together (took my time over 3 days moving from one to the other).

All I can say is... wow.

Best case i've ever worked on.

Cable tidying is a breeze, theres acres of space next to the drive bays to hide cables, theres a partition down the side with holes in that you poke cables through that you need and the rest is still tucked away nicely. The mobo power cables come through a hole in a partition at the top. Fantastic. The inside of my case never looked so barren!

Theres enough room inside to swing a cat, there must be 5" from the end of my GTS to the drive bays... even a GTX would have 3" or so clearance!

The build quality is fantastic, absolutely no sharp edges anywhere, the case itself and insides are all black alu (the outside is brushed, the inside is matt). The mobo tray is highly polished (to a mirror effect) silver alu.

Everything is thumbscrews, from the case pannels to the mobo tray to the PSU and PCI slots. Only the drives and mobo have to use normal screws, but even then the case comes with two huge bags of black anodised screws so it all matches the interior!

The only small problem I can see with the case is that the side pannel are thin alu, and like most alu cases they resonate, i've stuck a bit of bluetack between the back side pannel and the mobo tray and that fixed it right up.

I've used 2 x 120mm Akasa Amber fans and the case is very quiet, the only noise I can here is from the Freezer7pro, so I think thats going to get changed to a Scythe or similar in the near future.

Overall I can't reccomend this case enough!

I'll get some pics up of my setup later on :D

Permabanned
Guess what i got delivered this morning http://www.racecar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1171398540.jpg
will post pics when built cant do at mo poxy valentines day and all that heh
cant figure out how you make picture appear on post and not via a link hmm. :confused:
btw nobody told me about resonating side panels before i purchased you sure it does this? if so hmm wouldnt have got this case

Last edited:
Permabanned
Been thinking about getting some 5.25 to 3.5 bracket thingys with rubber mounts for the hard drives and removing the hd and fd bays completely what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom