Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
Talbs, a silly question but can you tell me how far the knobs on the Akasa Fan controller (shown in your pics) stick out. I have a Mirage case (apologies for tainting the thread slightly) and am trying to figure out if I can mod the door to fit one of the controller flush to the front face of the case.

Thanks

Associate
Great thread guys. I'm planning on getting this case for my new build and you've given me loads of insperation.

:D

andywhir - What CPU cooler is that, can't quite read the name?

Associate
Thanks BFG & Malccy, I will give it a go. I was looking at buying a fan controller without any knobs but none look as good and have the functionality as the akasa.

Associate
glad i stumbled across this thread, as i am looking for a new case for my new build

although its only two weeks old i am using the aspire x cruiser case, which looks damn nice, but is a very cheap build imo, even the fan mounts have poor ventilation holes.

few questions if you don't mind!

hows ventilation and cable running?
how is the sound and vibration proofing
do you have to purchase the side window seperate?
do you need to mod it for a blow hole at the top, to improve cooling?

looking at getting this case

Associate
techmob said:
hows ventilation and cable running?
how is the sound and vibration proofing
do you have to purchase the side window seperate?
do you need to mod it for a blow hole at the top, to improve cooling?

looking at getting this case

1. - cable management is brilliant.. lots of space to hide cables for eg:

at the top next to the psu
behind the motherboard tray / and to the side of the hdd cages (which is pritty big)

2. - i have 6 x 120 mm nexus fans and 1 x 120mm zalman fan and everything is silent.. only thing i can hear is my raptors when they are seeking

3. - yes you do.

4. - you can do if you want.. but i didnt need to mod the case at all (apart from cutting away a pci slot so i could get a tube through it)

Associate
CarlD said:
1. - cable management is brilliant.. lots of space to hide cables for eg:

at the top next to the psu
behind the motherboard tray / and to the side of the hdd cages (which is pritty big)

2. - i have 6 x 120 mm nexus fans and 1 x 120mm zalman fan and everything is silent.. only thing i can hear is my raptors when they are seeking

3. - yes you do.

4. - you can do if you want.. but i didnt need to mod the case at all (apart from cutting away a pci slot so i could get a tube through it)

excellent many thanks for that

how did you accomodate 6 x 120mm fans, i know it takes 1x 120mm front and 1x 120mm rear?

i have the E6600, with the arctic freezer pro 7, with the fan on full speed, with 2x 80mm intake, 1x 120mm exhause and 1x80mm fan at the top

my idle temps are 43 -45

this is not an overclocked system, i see you have a similar system

would love to know your cpu cooler and temps, many thanks

Last edited:
Associate
well the 6 fans are outside the case :p

I got bored waiting for the EK 8800gtx block so i decided to set up the loop now + im scared of putting the chipsetblock on after i killed my last mobo doing that >.>

only reason everything is messy is because its all coming out again soon :p
Photo-0131.jpg

Associate
What sort of SATA cables are you guys using (EL Data Cable or GAYGLO)?
How long are they and what length do you recommend for this case (45, 60 or 100cm)?
Is there any "cable tidy" products you recommend apart from the plastic ties?
And at what stage is it best to think about putting in a fan controller to hide and tidy cables?

Many thanks!

Can't wait to join the "62's Club"! :p

Permabanned
is anyones eclipse rattling? mine seems to get quite bad, especially if i thump my desk

iv tried tightening up all the screws but cant get rid of it

edit: mobo tray was tapping the case edge on the top left corner. bit of bluetack sorted it

Last edited:
Associate
Just added the chipset block to my evga 680i , i would post pics but they look pritty crap.

I'll get hold of a digi cam soon and post pics when i have my EK 8800 block :)

Associate
Rodneypooleg said:
Great thread guys. I'm planning on getting this case for my new build and you've given me loads of insperation.

:D

andywhir - What CPU cooler is that, can't quite read the name?

its a tunqi tower m8.

Associate
I just ordered this case, I see some of you have blow holes at the top - how would I go about getting this done?

I have a hole cutter, the one you attach onto a drill, but the last time I tried this it was very hard and get a nice circle cut as its hard to keep the case / plate that your cutting into secure. Is there a place I can go and try and see if they will do this for me?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom