Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
I have just got my clear side panel for my mirage and I am really dissapointed with the fit. The lower front corner sticks out by a good 5mm as if there is nothing to hold it into place. Is this a common problem or have I got a duff side panel?

Associate
OP
andyh said:
I have just got my clear side panel for my mirage and I am really dissapointed with the fit. The lower front corner sticks out by a good 5mm as if there is nothing to hold it into place. Is this a common problem or have I got a duff side panel?
Any chance of posting pics.. ;)

Associate
I will try and get some not sure if they will show the problem that well though. I have compared the original panel with the windowed one and cannot see any real difference so I am a little stumped.

Soldato
You have to be very precise about lining up the bottom of the panel with the case, otherwise it won't slide home. The aluminium panel has much more 'give' in it and it will take a bit more flexing to push home.

It should fit very well indeed, certainly not a 5mm gap. Check all the guide-lugs are true as well as these bend very easily.

Associate
Hi,

I just bought a windowed side panel for this case but I have a question for you guys. Do you know of anywhere where I can get a 120mm hole made into the windowed side panel?

Basically I have tried in the past to do it myself and after buying most of the equipment needed to make a hole using a holesaw and a drill, it was very difficult to get a decent hole made. Where could I go to ask for this to be done? I live in Leicester.

If any of you know where or any suggestions?

Permabanned
If your looking for improved airflow i'd add a kama bay or 5'25 bay blower.
Side window fans are overated i've had many cases with them and it doesn't make one bit of difference really.I'd imagine the big side fans do though but have never owned one.

Caporegime
Hmmz...Side fans made a hell of a difference on the intel 945 series boards and the processors that accompanied them...Made the overall systems quieter and a damn sight cooler :)

But naturally every setup is different i guess.

Associate
Ive always used a side fan since the days of the intel P4 overclockers. Small fans are not that great but Ive always used an 120mm side fan, its really quiet and still pushes a lot of air over the motherboard and graphics card - made a very nice difference to me, albeit at the price of having to clean the pc more regularly!

zia

zia

Associate
some pic's of my mirage
19022007076.jpg

19022007077.jpg

04032007078.jpg
04032007079.jpg

not much to look at compared to some of the very nice case's in this thread

zia

Associate
OP
magick said:
Is that "Akasa AK-PAX-2 PaxMate Plus Acoustic Absorption Mat" you have at the bottom of the case and if so does it actualy do anything to reduce noise or is it just for show?
Hi, Yes it is the Akasa PAX-2, just used it to finish off the base of the case, and mainly for show.. ;) the pre-cut piece that comes with the kit fits perfectly on the base of the Akasa, gives it a nice finish.... ;) :D

Associate
OP
zia said:
some pic's of my mirage
19022007076.jpg

19022007077.jpg

04032007078.jpg
04032007079.jpg

not much to look at compared to some of the very nice case's in this thread

zia
Very nice case M8, you can tell you spent a lot of time and PC loving with this build, I have just purchased a Akasa Mirage in addition to my original Akasa Eclipse 62, and the front door panel makes a welcome addition, nice to see Akasa hasn't changed the internal layout of the already perfect design, Great pictures M8, and again .... be proud of your RIG.... :cool: looks FAB.

Soldato
BFG_9000 said:
Hi, Yes it is the Akasa PAX-2, just used it to finish off the base of the case, and mainly for show.. ;) the pre-cut piece that comes with the kit fits perfectly on the base of the Akasa, gives it a nice finish.... ;) :D

Yeah Looks nice m8! Tempted to get some with my eclipse. Very Clean looking.

Back
Top Bottom