Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
Here is the new pc I built today. Still need to work on the cables a bit more but I am getting there:--
case.png

Associate
geff_r said:
Very nice rig hmm so that's what a titan looks like :eek:
what are those twin fans below it?

Well I brought one of those OCZ memory coolers but it did not fit over the ram with the Titan installed. On the Asus P5N-E SLi nForce 650 the NB runs very hot so I made a bracket so it fits over the north bridge heatsink to keep that cool :D .

Associate
I started a thread over here a while ago, but it was suggested to post in here as well

Has anyone tried this in their akasa eclipse? Suspending the hard drives in the 5.25 bays or suspending them where the hard drive cage is.

Im very interested in doing it; since I replaced my 5 hard drives for 3x 500gb Samsung HD501LJ my machine is louder for some reason, what i believe to be caused by any or all of the 3 things

1) hard drive noise/vibrations
2) PSU fans/vibrations
3) resonance/vibrations from the case itself i.e. sidepanels.

Id like to get my machine as quiet as possible as it was the reason of upgrading to this case from my Lian Li PC60.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Associate
Is anyone elses top front panel clip abit dodgy in the sense that if you place your fingers on the top right of the plastic front panel you can pull it back slighty?

Its as if the top clip on that side is broken or not clicking in correctly, but taking it off and putting it back on does nothing and looks to be clipped in right.

Soldato
Good job there Ganster :)

Is that a custom single phase chassis?

Was thinking of moddifying one for watercooling for my shuttle, not sure yet. Will have to do some more planning though.

Soldato
Bennah said:
Good job there Ganster :)

Is that a custom single phase chassis?

Was thinking of moddifying one for watercooling for my shuttle, not sure yet. Will have to do some more planning though.

Thanks for the comments :).

No its a completley custom box, made out of wood - painted it using primer,gloss black,clear coat :) It containts a PA120.2+2 Akasa Ambers (120.3 could have fit but im only cooling cpu atm so didnt see the point) and a DDC which will have a plexi top installed onto it soon. :) Also an akasa amber at the front at 7v exhausting any warm air that may be in the box from the rad. :)

Soldato
Bennah said:
Ah looks good for a wooden job :D

How long is it? Any real noise come from it?

Any feet on it?

Its 65cm long. No noise really, can hear a 'whurr' from the fans on the rad but nothing that drives me up the wall.

No feet on it- its tall enough as it is - giving me a 2-3cm gap between the bottom of my desk and the top of my case :p

Back
Top Bottom