Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
:)
PC.jpg
:D

Associate
guys im gona put a fan up beside the psu and i was wondering should i make it a exasust or blowing air in.

here this is not my case but is smillilar.i have a fan lying on the middle floppy blowing air down into my gfx and nb.i wana get rid of this since its not tied in.

so what ya think ?

C64

C64

Soldato
andywhir said:
guys im gona put a fan up beside the psu and i was wondering should i make it a exasust or blowing air in.

here this is not my case but is smillilar.i have a fan lying on the middle floppy blowing air down into my gfx and nb.i wana get rid of this since its not tied in.

so what ya think ?
Hmm i think a fan blowing in or out there wouldnt make a big difference
personally i have a karma bay 120 mm fan sitting in the 5'25 bay and that hasnt done a lot to overall temps either ive noticed that the tuniq tower seems to be
not a lot cooler with fan on max i think it only comes into play when its full load.
I'm pretty sure a stronger fan in the karma would lower temps though maybe a
dare i say it delta fan.I get no heat build up in the place that you have penciled in.But then i have 1 hdd in the floppy bay and only 1 at the very top of hdd bay.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

New to these forums, here is a couple of pics of my new build :) got a temp card atm waiting on the RMA of my 8800 to get back.

Any comments welcome.

Last edited:
Associate
I just swapped my gear from a Sonata I into an Akasa Eclipse. I was hoping to see a few degrees drop on the CPU, but the temps are much the same ([email protected] - 1.375V, idling at 45C-ish), although my hard disks are better cooled and the whole thing is much quieter. I suspect that much of the quietness comes down to using all S-Flex 1600 fans, including replacing the stock fan on my Tuniq, and running them at 1000RPM on the front and rear and 1200 on the CPU.

Anyway, here's a rather poor pic:
eclipse640x480.jpg

The cabling could be tidier from a cosmetic standpoint, but airflow isn't restricted by it. I think the next move is to pull out one of the HDs and try suspending the other two as the HDs are the loudest part of the system now, with an annoying resonant hum.

And, yes, the fans are mounted with masking tape - it's secure, silent and provides a seal around the intake/outlet. I recommend it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
mwtb said:
I just swapped my gear from a Sonata I into an Akasa Eclipse. I was hoping to see a few degrees drop on the CPU, but the temps are much the same ([email protected] - 1.375V, idling at 45C-ish), although my hard disks are better cooled and the whole thing is much quieter. I suspect that much of the quietness comes down to using all S-Flex 1600 fans, including replacing the stock fan on my Tuniq, and running them at 1000RPM on the front and rear and 1200 on the CPU.

Anyway, here's a rather poor pic:
eclipse640x480.jpg

The cabling could be tidier from a cosmetic standpoint, but airflow isn't restricted by it. I think the next move is to pull out one of the HDs and try suspending the other two as the HDs are the loudest part of the system now, with an annoying resonant hum.

And, yes, the fans are mounted with masking tape - it's secure, silent and provides a seal around the intake/outlet. I recommend it.

V.Nice... ;) :cool:

Associate
Possibly joining this "club" :D but I've got a problem...has anyone purchased the Eclipse recently as according to the OcUk spec & Akasa spec both say the Eclipse comes with 2x120mm fans. If this is the case then the Eclipse will be purchased however if not then ill be going with the Mirage.

Ta

Associate
braz2kuk said:
tbh not sure if im allowed to post this, someone tell me if im not!

@KaylanCloud - Im selling my Akasa Mirage with fans as im moving to a watercooled Lian-Li in the next week or so, if you wanted more info you could email me.
You are not allowed to post this, there is no selling outside the MM.

Associate
KaylanCloud said:
Possibly joining this "club" :D but I've got a problem...has anyone purchased the Eclipse recently as according to the OcUk spec & Akasa spec both say the Eclipse comes with 2x120mm fans. If this is the case then the Eclipse will be purchased however if not then ill be going with the Mirage.

Ta
Just had a look at the specs on OCUK and although they do say it is designed for 120mm fans front and back it does not state that fans are included.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom