Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Ah ok. Do you not have any problems with temperatures with it in there? I find since I upgraded my case to the Mirage my temps are a lot warmer than they was before.

In my old Scorpio (very old case) I have 4 very low RPM fans, 2 papsts (11db I think) and 2 acoustifans (14db) - however I ripped the sensors out of the acoustifans and it dropped the RPM from 1400 to 800 LOL?! anyway with the Mirage and 2 17db akasa 38CFM 120mm fans the temps went up about 6-7c on CPU.

I have now put in 2 noctua fans (the 1200rpm ones - 48CFM apparently) but as its hot today I cant really compare with temps I had when the weather was cooler. The only other thing I could think of that could contribute to heat was that at the same time I upraded my case I upgraded my graphics card to, from a PASSIVE 6600gt to a 7900GS, but I am sure they are similiar watts and also the old card idled a lot hotter so not sure.. :s

Right just took this pic:

Inside%20pic%20with%20Noctua%20fans%20-%20yuk!.JPG

Those noctua's... YUK they could have made'em black!!! :(

One thing I have noted quite a few times with the inside of my PC is the 3 hard drives are quite close to the intake fan, perhaps this could be diverting air or blocking the air flow?

With the side of my case off my CPU temp has dropped 4c. Also my memory heatsinks are VERY warm to the touch (G.skill DDR PC3200). They are overclocked though, but I am sure my old memory which was overclocked at the same speed wasn't as hot - and I am sure I used 2.65v on those too.

<edit> I think I am going to have to replace the rear fan atleast, I hate looking in to my PC as it looks awful. The front one I think I will just cover up somehow, either with some paxmate stuff or get my dad to make me a metal place and paint it black hehe

Last edited:
fobose said:
Right just took this pic:

Those noctua's... YUK they could have made'em black!!! :(

One thing I have noted quite a few times with the inside of my PC is the 3 hard drives are quite close to the intake fan, perhaps this could be diverting air or blocking the air flow?

With the side of my case off my CPU temp has dropped 4c. Also my memory heatsinks are VERY warm to the touch (G.skill DDR PC3200). They are overclocked though, but I am sure my old memory which was overclocked at the same speed wasn't as hot - and I am sure I used 2.65v on those too.

<edit> I just moved the hdd's back about 1cm each and it hasn't changed anything, except the fact my hdd caddie now has 6 scratched screw head circles marking it on either side, I am actually rather dissapointed with this case now, for £100 its a bit tacky. I think they could have included some nice rubber mounts to stop the scratching.. ;/ </edit>

I had the same problem with temps in this case...also having three hard drives in the same place. Its not the hard drives...its the general lack of airflow. The fan filter stops a lot of good airflow from getting into the case. If you take off the front fan filter...im sure you will notice a difference. With a 8800GTX and a Scythe Ninja cooler...I was basically getting no airflow at all to the CPU area and the temps were up as much as 7C over my previous case. I installed a Scythe Kama Bay cooler which has helped the aiflow a good bit and brought the cpu temps down at least 4-5C. I still have the intake fan filters on the lower case intake and the kama bay as I hate dust....but taking these off...the temps go down another 3C. Here's mine with the kama bay...
p1020542em1de7.jpg

Ah cool, I was looking at that kama bay but I have 2 DVDRW's, although I rarely use them together any more so perhaps I will remove one and stick a kama bay in.

I have just noticed the right side panel does not fit on my case properly :S its VERY difficult to get on compared to the left one, and once its in place I can "press" the bottom front part of the panel and it "taps" against the frame, it moves a good 3mm ! WTF?!

I think I have been very unlucky with this case, when it arrived a few weeks ago there was a metal backplate just loose in the case, which had scratched the mobo tray up a bit (and can see a scratch once the mobo is in place) and the back of the mobo tray has been scratched up with quite a few long scratches! - I couldn't be bothered to RMA it but now I wish I had :(

<edit> Toxic, what fan controller is that? Did you find it difficult to put in? I have a Akasa fan controller JR and it was SUPER tight fit, didn't want to go in at all, really had to force it in to place lol :S

Last edited:
its a Vantec Nexus I think. I bought the case of someone here in MM and got the controller with it. It was easy to fit though....no worse than any other case.I also had two DVD-R's but to be honest.....I only burn DVD's from time to time so to loose one hasnt really posed any probelms. Installing the Kama bay also make the front of this case look miles better. The Kama bay comes with its own 120mm fan whcih isnt really that powerful...but I replaced the fan with an Akasa blue 120mm one. An Akasa amber would also be a better choice over the Scythe one.

I like the look of that controller - not a fan of LED's showing on my PC though but that does look good. I replaced my akasa 17db fans I bought for my case with some noctua's (which look disgusting, and am thinking about swapping the exaust atleast for the black akasa one again) so I will have a black 17db 38CFM fan to put in the scythe.

I do prefer quiet fans though, and usually have all my fans set to the lowest possible setting, I am sure the noctua which is meant to also be 17 dB is much much louder than my 17db akasa, perhaps its because its shifting more air and as it has 3 hdd's blocking it it makes a noise from that.

I have my CPU plugged in to my fan controller but thats gonna be unplugged if I get the Kama bay as I barely ever touch the CPU's fan speed (fan controller only supports 3 fans :-( )

Back
Top Bottom