Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Heres mine, some suttle changes this time.

-Just been given a clean
-Replaced yellow IDE cable for a black Akasa one.
-Bunched the cables together using Akasa cable tie things.... :D
-Replaced GeIL ram with Crucial Ballistix 2Gb PC2-8500C5.
-BFG 8800GTS OC2
-XFi Gamer Sound Card

case1mz8.jpg

insidegf1.jpg

Now running at 3.3Ghz

Last edited:
got a Scythe Kama 5.25 cooler bay today ...

very well made first off.

2nd - well first installed it as was - made some difference to temps - but not a huge amount - but a good 3 degrees or so

then swapped some fans around - so swapped the 60cfm Noiseblocker from my side vent to the Kama bay, and put the 30cfm Scythe fan on the side vent.

this made a much bigger difference - temps now down in total by about 5-6C for the CPU - and about 7C for the mobo (49C vs 42C) - its the mobo temp difference that I'm most impressed with as its quite a lot lower ...

Mark.

Buckster said:
got a Scythe Kama 5.25 cooler bay today ...

Me too, I replaced the stock fan for an akasa 38CFM fan and on full speed my CPU is 3c lower now that it was earlier today - although it was a lot hotter then. However I did change my exaust fan (noctua 48CFM) to an akasa 38CFM at the same time as I hated the colour of the noctua.

Right with a bit of MS paint'ing I have changed around the kama bay/DVDRW layout - I couldn't figure out how to do it in photoshop and it took me like 2secs with paint so dont laugh :(

Behind%20Mirage%20Door2.jpg

Behind%20Mirage%20Door3.JPG

I have it so that the DVDRW is at the bottom at the moment but cant make up my mind if I should have it at the top, I dont think it looks as good though - what do you guys think?

I am glad somebody else thinks so, the only reason I considered putting the DVDRW at the top was as someone else stated the air from the kama will be going mainly towards the mem/cpu, where as the DVDRW at the bottom the kama is in line with my PSU. I am hoping the airflow from the exaust will suck it down over the RAM and CPU tho ;)

thats what I thought - but Toms post confused me ..

"Definitely leave it as it is mate as you said the optical just doesn't look good underneath the bay"

DVD drive at the top would be best.

All it would do with the DVD drive at the bottom would mean the Kama bay might simply end up stirring the warm air at the top of the case.

I always say 'intake lower and exhaust higher'. Hot air rises so it makes sense to me! :)

gt

TheKnat said:
Cool hope it works well for you. The only downside I can see with it is that the quads kick out a boat load of heat so the fans are quite high all the time. I'm going to proberly end up water cooling it so I can leave it running overnight and not be kept awake :D
Thanks Knat,

Me too! I'll see how the temps go an keep you all informed.

I might try to keep the quad at stock volts to tame temps and possibly add a second fan to the extreme. Do you know if thermalright sell extra sets of fan clips for it?

Again... nice rig! I am super jealous! :( ;)

gt

Back
Top Bottom