Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Heres a pic of my new setup in the 62:

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

After looking through the whole thread again I feel really annoyed with my noctua's. I only went for them because they seemed to be quite quiet with good air flow and I didnt think the colour would bother me but seeing it inside my case is just awful. Looks like I might have to go back to my Black Akasa 17db's - cheap to, at £4. something lol :D

<edit> Just thought I would show a pic of the front of my case with the door open, quite basic really:

Behind%20Mirage%20Door1.jpg

Where would you put a Kama bay? at the top? or as low as possible with the DVDRW at the top ? (going to be removing one obviously)

Last edited:
in the Eclipse...if you put the Kama bay at the top three solts then its too high to be blowing any cool air into the CPU area as its just about level with the PSU. Thats why I had my positioned at the bottom three slots. At this point at least half of the fan is blowing cool air directly to the CPU area. I'd assume the setup of the Mirage is basically the same. You can just about see what I mean from my picture posted above.
Quite like the look of the Mirage...first time Ive seen one with the door open.

Last edited:
I do understand what you mean, but due to a 120mm on the back and the 120mm on most PSU's exausting these days surely the air flow would be sucked down in the direction over the ram and towards the CPU anyway?

I have never liked my DVD drive at the top of the case as my PC is on the floor and its hard to see the eject button :/

TBH I dont think it will make all that much difference. As long as you create some more airlow at the topr of the case where it is needed...it should still improve the cooloing performnace. When you do install one...try it with and without the air filter in just to see what the difference is like.

TheKnat said:
Heres a pic of my new setup in the 62:
Nice rig Knat! SLi GTX's and a darn big Dell! :eek:

Just a quick question - How do you find the Thermalright cooler... it is an Ultra 120 Extreme is it not? :)

I've just ordered one and was wondering if you'd used another type of cooler before it and seen any improvement?

They're receiving good reviews as far as i can see - just wanted to ask a real day to day user! :cool:

Thanks in advance!

gt

gt_junkie said:
Nice rig Knat! SLi GTX's and a darn big Dell! :eek:

Just a quick question - How do you find the Thermalright cooler... it is an Ultra 120 Extreme is it not? :)

I've just ordered one and was wondering if you'd used another type of cooler before it and seen any improvement?

They're receiving good reviews as far as i can see - just wanted to ask a real day to day user! :cool:

Thanks in advance!

gt

Yeah its the Ultra 120 Extreme (actually my second one because I left the backplate of it stuck to an RMA'd motherboard) and it seems to be really good. I had an AC Freezer 7 Pro on my old computer and it seemed to do the job but I'm impressed with the Thermalright as it keeps my QX6800 down to 40C.

The only thing which annoyed me was having to get my own fan for it. Only because I bought a really ugly one and now I need to get a different one instead :D

fobose said:
That looks great. Is that a noctua fan I can see at the front? Looks like the brownish rubber mount just poking out in the picture hehe.

Yep its a 120mm Noctua NF-S12, very nice indeed and very quiet especially when using the rubber mounts that come with the fan.

fobose said:
Right just took this pic:

Inside%20pic%20with%20Noctua%20fans%20-%20yuk!.JPG

Those noctua's... YUK they could have made'em black!!! :(

I dont think those Noctua's look to bad, very tidy setup, like the way you have tidied yer cables.

In fact the colour of yer Noctua's go with the colour of yer board :)

TheKnat said:
Yeah its the Ultra 120 Extreme (actually my second one because I left the backplate of it stuck to an RMA'd motherboard) and it seems to be really good. I had an AC Freezer 7 Pro on my old computer and it seemed to do the job but I'm impressed with the Thermalright as it keeps my QX6800 down to 40C.

The only thing which annoyed me was having to get my own fan for it. Only because I bought a really ugly one and now I need to get a different one instead :D
Nice temps Knat! :cool:

Thanks for the reply.

My Extreme arrived today! Looks V nice! :D

Gonna get a quad in a month or two so i'll let you know how i get on! :)

gt

gt_junkie said:
Nice temps Knat! :cool:

Thanks for the reply.

My Extreme arrived today! Looks V nice! :D

Gonna get a quad in a month or two so i'll let you know how i get on! :)

gt

Cool hope it works well for you. The only downside I can see with it is that the quads kick out a boat load of heat so the fans are quite high all the time. I'm going to proberly end up water cooling it so I can leave it running overnight and not be kept awake :D

Hey Guys,

Got my Eclipse 62, yesterday I biught it off MM for £40 :p

Here are some picture's and my puppy as a model ;)

01062007085.jpg

01062007086.jpg

01062007087.jpg

-Matt

PS, Sorry about poor quality pics, show you just how bad the N95 camera is at time's..

Matt7613 said:
Hey Guys,

**Snip

Mate, you might want to turn that rear case fan round. As its blowing in. You want it so that the front is pulling in the air and the rear is blowing out of the case. May find you get better case temps.

:)

Right, I have made a few changes to my Mirage, firstly I have replaced the rear noctua with the original BLACK akasa 17db fan I had there, which looks 100x better IMO, and I have also added a kama bay aswell as tidied the cables a little bit more, so here are some pics:

Behind%20Mirage%20Door2.jpg

Inside%20my%20PC.jpg

<edit> However I keep meaning to do something with the sata cable as they are kinda in your face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom