Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Behind%20Mirage%20Door4.jpg

Decided to change the layout to what most of you suggested, I prefer it actually although when I open my DVDRW the back of the tray is obstructed by the top of the case but its not to difficult to maneuver around.

Temps seem to be about 2-3c lower now too

Your probably all sick of seeing my case now :/

fobose said:
Behind%20Mirage%20Door4.jpg

Decided to change the layout to what most of you suggested, I prefer it actually although when I open my DVDRW the back of the tray is obstructed by the top of the case but its not to difficult to maneuver around.

Temps seem to be about 2-3c lower now too

Your probably all sick of seeing my case now :/
How about internal layout pics......... ;)

mmmm - I made my side fan blow out instead of blowing in today - and its dropped my Mobo temp by about 7 degrees !

CPU temp down by about 2 degrees.

wonder why the mobo temp has dropped

I always assumed - blowing onto the mobo from the side would cool the heatsinks - but perhaps now its drawing air across them ?

Mark.

Buckster said:
mmmm - I made my side fan blow out instead of blowing in today - and its dropped my Mobo temp by about 7 degrees !

CPU temp down by about 2 degrees.

wonder why the mobo temp has dropped

I always assumed - blowing onto the mobo from the side would cool the heatsinks - but perhaps now its drawing air across them ?

Mark.
Interesting theory... ;)

markyb said:
Heres mine, some suttle changes this time.

-Just been given a clean
-Replaced yellow IDE cable for a black Akasa one.
-Bunched the cables together using Akasa cable tie things.... :D
-Replaced GeIL ram with Crucial Ballistix 2Gb PC2-8500C5.
-BFG 8800GTS OC2
-XFi Gamer Sound Card

case1mz8.jpg

insidegf1.jpg

Now running at 3.3Ghz
Is that BFG 02 320/640MB, nice rig... ;)

BFG_9000 said:
Is that BFG 02 320/640MB, nice rig... ;)

Yeh, BFG 8800 GTS OC2 320mb.

Very impressed with it. Overclocks well, although probably wished now i'd waited a week later for the 640mb Leadtek.

Thanks buddy :)

markyb said:
Yeh, BFG 8800 GTS OC2 320mb.

Very impressed with it. Overclocks well, although probably wished now i'd waited a week later for the 640mb Leadtek.

Thanks buddy :)
Same Card As Mine, good stop gap until DX10 games become available, will be upgrading mine after summer mabey 8900's will be out by then or the ultras come down in price, I am very suprised on how fast this card is, thrown every game at it, and cranked up the graphic settings and dosen't even break a sweat, the BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB is excellent value for money.. :cool:

did some more experimenting

bizarely I get much better airflow with the following

Front bottom - no fan
Front top - Kama Scythe with 60 cfm Noiseblocker fan in
Side - Scythe fan outlet
Back - 60 cfm Noiseblocker fan out

than

Front bottom - Akasa fan in
Front top - Kama Scythe with noiseblocker in
Side - Scythe fan outlet

or

Side - Scythe fan in

Bizarre - but seems to prove that cases really do like "negative" pressure inside for best cooling.

Leaves me with one spare 120mm fan :) - how best to cool my Ballistix RAM (which is pretty hot) - I can't think of anyway to do it without blocking the Freezer 7 Pro fan ?

Here is a shot from last year - different RAM, wiring is neater, and different fan - but shows general layout

http://www.mark-buckley.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CASE-1.jpg

Wiring (although not on this old photo) is quite neat -except up into the vault where the power supply is - the PSU is almost on its own up there due to so much wiring up there.

Mark.

Last edited:
Buckster said:
did some more experimenting

bizarely I get much better airflow with the following

Front bottom - no fan
Front top - Kama Scythe with 60 cfm Noiseblocker fan in
Side - Scythe fan outlet

than

Side - Scythe fan outlet

or

Side - Scythe fan in

Bizarre - but seems to prove that cases really do like "negative" pressure inside for best cooling.

Mark.
What temp diffrences with fan variants.

well its hard to say exactly because of varying temps in the room etc - but I'd say at least a 4-5C drop on the mobo temp - and a few degrees of the CPU temp. I'm at 3.2 gig and quite a high fsb - and my P5B mobo temp was getting up to about 49C - since making the side fan an outlet - I think the very worst I've seen is 43C- and most of the time sub 40 - quite a difference really.

one thing I did wonder was that the side inlet fan was blowing across the back of the 1900XT and then heating that air - which then went over the mobo heatsink ?

not sure.

I think with this latest config - the air inside the case is less turbulent - as I seem to get less noise - even from the noisey Freezer 7 Pro fan.

With the Kama Scythe Cooler bay - if anyone else has one - it seems a bit of a pain to clean the filter (which I tend to do once a week (2 cats !) ) - as the only way to do it seems to be to take the whole bay out - then remove the fan - then remove the filter ?

Mark.

Mark.

Last edited:
Got a spare Akasa top lid panel...looking to get a single 120mm fan fitted to get rid of the top excess hot air.....Good to hear if anyone has done this and the temp diffrence to a top exhaust fan fitted... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom