AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

Soldato
The list becomes VERY long if you're going up to £400 though...

I would definitely prefer a Schiit Modi plus Valhalla tube amp over the NAD for less money

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Never seen the NFB before but if it's said to be good and is significantly cheaper then go with what may be better bang for buck I suppose.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
:o These really do not forgive the mp3 format. Even encodes that are at decent bitrates or preset parameters. Flac is most definitely the desired format for the majority of music! Some mp3 albums I have sound great though, they've obviously come from good masterings.

Caporegime
OP
oh lawd..................

I have a Vali too but no RCA cables, going to use my Aune T1 as my main source for it.

That setup looks so clean and amazing, absolutely beautiful. If only the modi didn't rely on USB for power. Will you buy the USB decrapifyer too in future?

It takes a couple of weeks from the shipment date (you should get an email when it's actually shipped).

Soldato
Haha, I've already spent way too much on all this stuff... massively over budget :p

I'm hoping I won't run into any USB problems - the USB "decrappifier" thing seemed like a bit of a gimmick tbh?

Doesn't the T1 do the job of both the Modi & Vali combined? Is there any benefit of running it through the Vali?

Caporegime
OP
Haha, I've already spent way too much on all this stuff... massively over budget :p

I'm hoping I won't run into any USB problems - the USB "decrappifier" thing seemed like a bit of a gimmick tbh?

Doesn't the T1 do the job of both the Modi & Vali combined? Is there any benefit of running it through the Vali?

Yup the AUNE T1 is a DAC/AMP.

I will be using the DAC only part though and using the Vali as an AMP.

It's a tube DAC with a solid state amp, the Vali is a tube amp, so I can always flick between the two depending on taste tbh. Plus the AUNE uses a clean USB signal (seperate power source) so that's why I opted for that as my original DAC/AMP setup.

Plus I bought the Vali to double amp my mixamp so I can use Q701's with my PS4 without issues.

Back
Top Bottom