AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

Caporegime
Ordered. Will be good to see what they are like compared to my Fidelio X1's.

I got mine in White. :)

Source gear = Xonar Essence STX or the headphone circuit in a Marantz PM5003

Soldato
sorely tempted trying to work out what I can sell as £100 purchase after paying all of my bills makes me feel pretty sad about being paid.

got 20 hours to jiggle everything around and leave myself with enough dollar :o

scratch that only lime left oh well next time!

Last edited:
Soldato
I fancied a pair that looked a bit different to the normal silver or black so would have chose white or green anyway. Anyone recommend a stand that can hold more than one pair of cans properly?

Soldato
TOPPING NX1 = £20 and it beats £60 Fiio E11

Just no. In terms of size, fractionally; in terms of portability, marginally; in terms of audio, nope; in terms of current reliability, nope; in terms of sound, nope; in terms of build quality and product finish, nope.

This a great deal, now then:

*sigh*

Anyone want to loan me £100 until the NHS decides they want to pay me? (Roughly another month...25 days)

Come on... step up!

Associate
Amazon do this all the time. The VMODA M100 in black was once £100 cheaper then the other colours. When items start selling, Amazon bump the price back up.

I wonder if the Q701 is going to be discontinued :S With all these prices going down minus the Green it seems like it may.

So basically if that happens then AKG have their K812 for their main flagship then their K712 for their cheaper flagship and the K612 for their budget headphone so the 702 and both 701s may be discontinued? since they have all gone through a dramatic price reduction.
It would make sense because the 712 is the most refined model that does everything the others can do.

The Annie has been discontinued but they where limited

Associate
I also think they should at least keep the Q701 I think it corrects most of the issues people had with the K701/702! and it's well known and sales well. Their budget K612 though competes with the Q's so I could see them putting all the Q/K70* weigh on those.

I could see

Flagships 812, 712

Mid tier Q701

Budget K612

That's an awesome line up!

Associate
Yeah the bumps are the thing I hear complained about most! They never really bother me unless I've instantly swop over from my other phones, the bumps proper dig in then!

Back
Top Bottom