AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm actually excited to pit these against the X1. The X1 are very wide soundstage wise and very detailed with rich bass A bit more-so once burned in and stock cable replaced. Some have mentioned EQing the Q701 if extra bass is desired but I don't like to EQ and my amp has no tone controls (which I think is a good thing in general for my uses).

We will see!

Soldato
On the net there is a very easy to do, reversible bass mod. You simply twist off the small mesh panel in the centre of the rear side of he headphones and underneath the exposed driver unit has a small piece of 'tape?' in the centre, peel this off to expose the 'bass port'. Simply replace the adhesive cover to reverse.

It Will be interesting to see the impact though I have listened to many reviews that state the Q701 as not being so much bass shy. Shows that it is all subjective really.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
On the net there is a very easy to do, reversible bass mod. You simply twist off the small mesh panel in the centre of the rear side of he headphones and underneath the exposed driver unit has a small piece of 'tape?' in the centre, peel this off to expose the 'bass port'. Simply replace the adhesive cover to reverse.

It Will be interesting to see the impact though I have listened to many reviews that state the Q701 as not being so much bass shy. Shows that it is all subjective really.

Yeah I thought the same with the X1 where reviewers and some users on headfi etc saying the X1 had "excessive" bass and were referring to them as basshead cans.

Well no, I've demoed basshead cans plenty of times and the X1 are anything but basshead! They have more bass than other headphones I agree but the bass is so rich in detail that it just makes for a nicer experience especially in multimedia and gaming. At least through my NAD amp anyway.

I have a feeling the Q701 will deliver excellent audio quality too and may well have a slightly wider soundstage than the X1, if the bass is lower then I'll try the bass mod mentioned, might even try it anyway to compare differences :)

Caporegime
I'm actually excited to pit these against the X1. The X1 are very wide soundstage wise and very detailed with rich bass A bit more-so once burned in and stock cable replaced. Some have mentioned EQing the Q701 if extra bass is desired but I don't like to EQ and my amp has no tone controls (which I think is a good thing in general for my uses).

We will see!

How difficult is it replacing stock cable on the X1's?

C64

C64

Soldato
has the t1 got optical in ? how would one hook up a t1 to a ps4 or xbox one ? methinks i'll be getting an e17 for the optical in

Caporegime
OP
T1 is USB only

RCA in as well ;)

it's a USB DAC only

I think PS4 supports USB sound but I personally have not tested as of yet. I shall do at some point though.

I am currently in the process of possibly sending it back as the transformer is faulty (producing a rather loud hum which can be heard from up to about 12 feet away).

Caporegime
OP
You tried those HD600's out yet?

i'm too tired bud, i traveled like 100+ miles today

if the france game is boring I will do with the AUNE. on another note my rockets from ukraine arrived today and still to open the box they came in.

the package the HD600 come in is fantastic better than the X1. I opened it up took a picture and then put it all back yesterday.

I think i prefer the looks of the X1 i don't know i never took them out the box tbh. will need to have a proper look at them. i think i will prefer the looks of the q701 to the x1 though.

it's not about looks, the sound is what matters.

Back
Top Bottom