Alan Wake 2

The quality of upscaling component in the FSR 2.2 implementation also comes with noticeable compromises in image quality and has several major instabilities: incomplete image details in the distance with constant flickering on thin objects in motion at lower resolutions, such as 1080p, ghosting and disocclusion artifacts around the main character or NPCs, a noticeable shimmering and flickering in motion on vegetation, power lines and thin still objects, and a blurry and incomplete look of most in-game particle and volumetric effects across all resolutions and quality modes. Compared to the DLAA solution, the anti-aliasing quality of FSR 2.2 is also inferior, as the overall image has more jagged lines in motion, especially visible on small particle effects during combat and in vegetation.

Speaking of DLAA and DLSS Super Resolution, the DLSS Super Resolution implementation offers the best image quality across all resolutions and quality modes when upscaling is enabled. Compared to the DLAA solution, with DLSS in "Quality" mode you can expect a sharp overall image with perfect stability on small particle and volumetric effects in motion, a stable image in motion with almost unnoticeable loss in rendering of the details on power lines, thin still objects, tree leaves and vegetation in general, and the absence of any form of shimmering or flickering artifacts. Surprisingly, compared to DLSS, the DLAA solution in Alan Wake 2 does not offer a significant boost in overall image quality across all resolutions, like it does in other games that we've tested, so in this game we recommend to stick to DLSS in "Quality" mode for the best image quality and performance.

The DLSS Frame Generation implementation in Alan Wake 2 is excellent, producing a stable and crisp image without any jittering issues on the in-game on-screen UI, the area where DLSS Frame Generation often has issues. Small particle effects, such as rain, are rendered correctly, even during fast movement. The hair rendering on the main character and NPCs also has perfect stability in motion. Also, the DLSS Frame Generation implementation in this game has the ability to use Frame Generation with DLAA. During our testing, overall gameplay felt very smooth and responsive, we haven't spotted any issues with input latency.

In B4 "NV PAID THEM TO RUIN FSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :cry:

Last edited:

In B4 "NV PAID THEM TO RUIN FSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :cry:
FSR producing poor image quality? Say it aint so!!!! :D :cry:

According to this review you'll need an SSD otherwise it does not work as well! better clear 90GB of space for this :eek:
Don't tell me that, I've only got a 20gb 5400rpm 3.5" IDE Hitachi DeathStar with a 32mb cache? FUHHHHH!!!! Next they'll be claiming it won't work on vista and DirectX 10!!!!

So erm, YT produces some interesting recommendations when looking for AW...
alanwakelol.png

I imagine this is because I have the telemetry stuff turned off? Hence why I get hilarious adverts when not using AdBlockPlus? I just noticed she claims to be a 'gamer' judging by that Patreon pay me I'm asking for handouts link, but still nothing to do with AW :cry: It does make me want to watch her video now though to see how silly she's made herself look like?

I wonder if it'll beat the time Bear Grylls got stung by a bee and ended up looking like Benedict Cumberbatch? Waitttt for itttt!!!!
Enjoy! :D:cry:

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
This guy says the game has some game breaking bugs:

Place your bets though mate, that when we all play it tomorrow, in reality it'll 90% probably be perfectly serviceable with some laughable glitches, ala Starfield/Phantom Liberty :)
He's probably trying to jump on the moany clickbait revenue train before the others slate it, as with every game release...

Last edited:
From DigitalTrends:

With the RTX 4090, I was able to hit around 90 fps to 100 fps with DLAA and Frame Generation with all of the settings maxed out at 4K. With the RTX 4070, I had to resort to DLSS Performance mode to achieve 60 fps at 4K, which occasionally dipped lower. If you’re running anything older than an RTX 40-series graphics card, I would recommend against turning on ray tracing. It’s certainly pretty, but the game looks stunning even without all of the ray tracing.
So it will be well over 100fps with DLSS Quality instead of DLAA, at 4K.

I am expecting to be able to lol through DLDSR then 5160x2160, roll on 5am!

Last edited:
Came to learn about Alan Wake, left listening to Kendrick Lamar.
What's happening here...

Game looks good from the snips and reviews I've found, haven't played the original but may hopefully it's not vital.

Be interesting to see how this runs on the 7900Xtx.

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Came to learn about Alan Wake, left listening to Kendrick Lamar.
What's happening here...

Game looks good from the snips and reviews I've found, haven't played the original but may hopefully it's not vital.

Be interesting to see how this runs on the 7900Xtx.

I'm sure it runs great as long as you don't enable path tracing

Back
Top Bottom