Alan Wake 2

Performance on a 3070 looks really rough (low, no RT). Guess it's a vram thing. I'm guessing a lot of cherry-picking (for performance) will be possible for this title depending on the scene.

Yeah, so a PC apples to apples comparison would be the AMD equivalent card of the PS5's hardware (I forget which one but there is one isn't there) running on the PC at the same graphic settings/res...

Not a random Nvidia card running FSR of all things and not DLSS, if you're going to make a completely random comparison with Nvidia then he should be using a mid tier card such as mine that the game is literally designed for using DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex/RT...

So this is pointless on the basis of a direct PS5 spec PC build comparison... As it isn't the same hardware as the PS5's APU is it.

They usually use a 2070 super to do a direct comparison, as it's the closest GPU to the PS5 capabilities.

It's a bit harsh to judge before the video is even out (on Youtube) but I assume Alex was pointing out that even what is now considered a 'modest' mid-range GPU is much better than the PS5 on equivalent settings

They usually use a 2070 super to do a direct comparison, as it's the closest GPU to the PS5 capabilities.

It's a bit harsh to judge before the video is even out (on Youtube) but I assume Alex was pointing out that even what is now considered a 'modest' mid-range GPU is much better than the PS5 on equivalent settings
I get what you're saying mate, but I think you misunderstand my actual point mate?

I meant, there is literally an AMD PC GPU that is 'the closest you'll get in comparison to a ps5 APU' oh which I can never remember, is it the 5700XT or 6700XT paired with X cpu/ram combo?
That's more what I meant. So using an Nvidia card doesn't make sense for a direct/closest fair AMD 'apples to apples' comparison.

As when these direct comparisons were done in the past, they'd usually dig out the closest GPU on a pc to the actual hardware used in the console. Hope that makes sense now?

Last edited:
I saw one comment that mentioned AW2 was using 18GB VRAM, seems a little excessive, but then Remedy have always pushed hardware to it's limits.
No it's not mate, mrk is playing on a 4090 and posted this in the other thread.
Frame Gen off:
ggqTsYH.jpg

Frame Gen on:
0Sgt2jT.jpg

Not bad at all really,

Yeah, it'll have to become an Epic Games weekly freebie for me to play it on PC. I've never given Epic a penny on their store nor do I ever intend to. Is it supposed to be on Game Pass?

Last edited:
Downloaded this morning but wont get a chance to play and check performance until I finish work this evening. My oh my, with Alan Wake 2, Cities 2 and continuing my Lords of the Fallen playthrough , it looks like I'm in for a busy weekend

It's not 1996.

Demos seem quite rare these days. Mind you, on the superior Steam platform you can just refund it within 2h which beats any demo, but obv not for this game as it's on lolEpic.
You can refund it on Epic within 2 hours or 14 days too , they've got the same refund policy as Steam :)

Back
Top Bottom