Alan Wake 2

THE GOAT!
Pfft. Not even close.

Rescue_on_Fractalus!_(Atari8bit)_15.gif

@keef247 that's the first game to genuinely scare the crap out of (an admittedly young) me - the devs and the publisher were very careful not to show the alien in the ads or marketing materials so most first-time players got the fright of their lives when they thought they were rescuing a downed pilot and instead they had an alien smash through the canopy of their ship :D

Last edited:
So I just wrote that part of the game, just like the scene when him and his agent/best friend get steaming in that house they've broken into on the farm, and black out, just like when he argues with his missus then wakes up in the flat the next morning and she's gone and he has no recollection...
Just like that review I pasted is lying about the Federal Bureau of Control and the Hiss causing abnormalities in Bright Falls etc, I made that up too, and hired a journo to write a lying review didn't I.

I don't know why you're intent on making out I'm lying? I've listed countless bit's that have happened. I cannot be bothered to dispute this anymore. We'll just agree to disagree this is pointless carrying on.
Y'all got Alan Wake syndrome, your trying to understand the un-understandable seek your nearest physchartist

Y'all got Alan Wake syndrome, your trying to understand the un-understandable seek your nearest physchartist
Nah I contacted Jesse Faden, she's looking into it for me.

About 6 hours in now, jesus christ these visuals! So glad I plugged the rig into the tv now! Playing this in the dark with headphones = eye/eargasms.

never played the first one is this one worth buying ?
Yes! Just watch the catchup plot bit if you've not done AW1/Control and leave it at that and enjoy it :)

Last edited:
Started the game and done the first 20 minutes or so, incredible looking game.

Anybody with similar hardware to me care to jot down their settings? I wanna keep RT/PT on and when playing as I am now I get decent frames but an awful drop when transitioning between cutscene and gameplay & vice versa - Just curious as to what others are set up like.

Anybody with similar hardware to me care to jot down their settings? I wanna keep RT/PT on and when playing as I am now I get decent frames but an awful drop when transitioning between cutscene and gameplay & vice versa - Just curious as to what others are set up like.
Seems to be the woods are significantly more demanding than anywhere else I've reached so far, like almost twice as demanding. So I would go for the highest setting/lowest performance you can deal with there and the rest should be fine.

Last edited:

I mean yours is better than mine, but 4K desktop res set to a 60fps cap in the Nvidia game profile, played via TV...

Here you go:
DLSS/Frame Generation ON
Quality DLSS 1440p res
Motion Blur and Film Grain OFF
Quality preset Custom
SSR greyed out turned OFF
Fog quality High
Terrain quality High
Far object detail (LOD) High
Ray traying preset Medium
DLSS ray reconstruction ON
Directing Lighting
Path Traced Indirect Lighting Medium
Transparency High
Texture Resolution Ultra
Texture Filtering High
Volumetric Lighting High
Volumetric Spotlight Quality High
Global Illumination Quality High
Shadow Filtering High
Shadow Detail Medium
Fog Quality High

Net's me a solid 48-57 FPS most of the time or at worst 43-48 but genuinely overall seems to be more like 48-57FPS 90%+ of the time, I'm too much enjoying the visuals to knock anything down for 60.
It genuinely feels really smooth even when it dips momentarily! Witchcraft!

Oh FWIW I'm undervolted heavily and underclocked a bit... I'm running 80mhz higher than a ref Nvidia card for game clock boost so 300mhz less than it came out the box - FYI my ASUS out the box did 350-380mhz faster on game clock boost out the box without touching it, overclocked they can see 3-3.1GHz as ocuk's own 8pack proved + a 500-550mhz memory clock with that, I just like having the fan never kick in and it running at worst 65C :) and using bugger all ellecy :) love me a cool/silent rig without the need for watercooling. I did have a go on my 1440p monitor and if I ran the slightly under 1080p dlss res setting, I'd get 60+ fps 98% time. But I had to take the P on the tv because sexual visuals haha.
And I stand by my point it seems to run VERY smooth for me, to the point I keep forgetting to check the fps as I'm that immersed, then I check and am thoroughly impressed.

Seems to be the woods are significantly more demanding than anywhere else I've reached so far, like almost twice as demanding. So I would go for the highest setting/lowest performance you can deal with there and the rest should be fine.
Haha just you wait mate!

Last edited:
Nah, these games are not exactly scary anyway. Only thing that ever gets me a little is jump scares.

Amnesia games were scarier as I recall.

Got bored shortly after starting it with The Dark Decent. Too much artificial difficulty just to force certain mechanics on you...

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom