Alan Wake 2

It's a game in the end to be fair. I know expectations are higher in 2023, but if we expect everything perfect and life like you won't be getting much joy out if gaming.

Just imagine applying that logic to Resident Evil games which I really enjoy :p

I agree they should strive to do better, but sometimes you need to just forget about all that and enjoy the game for what it is ;)
"It's a game in the end" means it can be pretty average or bad, but get away with it...

Indeed, is 2023, things should change.

"It's a game in the end" means it can be pretty average or bad, but get away with it...

Indeed, is 2023, things should change.
Pritty much every game in existence has issues like you mentioned tho, can't think of many or any that everything in the game is 100% realistic.

Interesting that the screwdriver and window were more unrealistic to you than the other crazy things going on in the game. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Pritty much every game in existence has issues like you mentioned tho, can't think of many or any that everything in the game is 100% realistic.
This really, most single player story based games do not allow you to just blast doors and windows open to climb through instead of making you find a key etc, does seem to be slightly harsh to give those games a pass for such things but list it as a major fault in AW2

To counter balance Worth a Buys ludicrous 4/10 mark, here is Cohhcarnage's thoughts on the game :D

Reactions: TNA
I'm not sure I'm cut out for gaming, I just can't seem to beat Nightingale, I have the shotgun with 5 rounds and the handgun with about 18 rounds as I go in and I have a couple of spare batteries, but I seem to have an issue getting the flashlight (centre mouse button thing) to actually work, so as Im fumbling with that he attacks, I get flustered and mess up the dodges and then die. I've managed to get through the first phase a few times, but the flashlight part just nevers seems to be consistent.

I'll give it another go at the weekend I think.
Woohoo, picked it up again today, died once, then realised sometimes the torch blast took two goes, then I ran out of ammo and had to run a bit but thankfully found 10 rounds which was enough to get through. I'm sure it wont get harder, right? ;)

And I'm an idiot, I wasn't aiming the flashlight correctly, so was just wasting battery charges.

Last edited:
Seems loads of PS5 players are seeing many of the fixes are in fact, not fixed.

Also a bunch of people wanting the shimmering using FSR to be fixed on PS5, little do they know that this will never be fixed as that's what FSR does :p
AMD has a new driver out. Under fixed issues - Intermittent flicker may be observed on some textures while playing Alan Wake 2. Woop.

Think I've listened to Follow You in the Dark over twenty times, a few times on the radio in game, and plenty more on YT/spotify. Really great song, reminds me of the theme for Dark.

I wish all the other songs were as strong as that one.

Last edited:

Running this on a 4090 at 4K, DLSS quality, frame gen on, all settings maxed, path tracing on with HDR and this game is absolutely stunning, definitely game of the year for me. Forget CP 2077, this is the new path tracing tech demo. I've been saying it since the 2080 Ti launched, ray tracing is the way forward for visuals and will be a requirement shortly if you even want to start the game, ray tracing cards have been out long enough already so I can see this happening in the next few years.

That ray tracing shadow detail through the curtains at 3:36 is impressive, such fine detail.

So yeah....

cJe0hgn.gif

And as Alex at DF explained, realistic shadow casting based on distance, and in this example below, actually takes into reference the beam pattern of the torch, diffuses or sharpens the shadow depending on what part of the torch light is hitting the lamp, the beam itself or the spill which is typically diffuse illumination vs the much harder casting of the central beam. As a bit of an LED torch geel, this tickles my nobbly bits quite a bit :D

Think I've listened to Follow You in the Dark over twenty times, a few times on the radio in game, and plenty more on YT/spotify. Really great song, reminds me of the theme for Dark.

I wish all the other songs were as strong as that one.
Yup 100% Dark TV series vibes from that song. I also let it play through fully :)

Reactions: D3K
Back
Top Bottom